***OFFICIAL GOPHERS VS UMBC IN-GAME THREAD!!!***

Stan

Reaction score
Another game to bury them early, pad the stats, get Martin, Buggs, Konate some good PT and get out injury free.

I can't ever remember playing two teams in a row that I had never, ever heard of. Ever.

Season ticket holders are getting hosed, IMHO.

I anticipate UMBC will be undersized but quick with one good 6'8" dude (Cody Joyce) who will the key to Balt's competitiveness. They recruit Baltimore/DC and will be better than what you observed Thursday. So don't look for a repeat blow out by 40-50 such as over President Pierce. If Gophers are not flat but focused (inspired by Jerry's team, come out smokin' like football Gophers in the second half), it will be a 20+ game laugher though.

It's not out of the question it's another 40-pointer. Don't undersell our ability to identify a delicious cupcake. We've set the bar this season!

Is it safe to say the quality of our cupcakes this is year is the worst in a long time?

Only reason I know who UMBC is, is from NCAA 2k games where this was the super low major team I would start out as.

Want to focus on Josh Martin, hope he is unleashed and shows off more of his game.

Why the 7:30pm start tonight? I don't ever remember a 7:30 start except for a possible TV accommodation. No TV tonight except for BTN+.

Anybody know?

Why the 7:30pm start tonight? I don't ever remember a 7:30 start except for a possible TV accommodation. No TV tonight except for BTN+.

Anybody know?
--
Great Q -- have been wondering that as well. Maybe give the football team more time to make an entrance? :)

just started listening to the radio pre game and play by play Mike Grimm made it back from Nebraska for the BB game. Maybe a delay for him too. ;)

I see that the BTN has Indiana/Lamar and of course nothing on the 3 alternate BTN channels .. so typical.

I'm guessing it has to do with the football game. The game time wasn't set for today's game until recently. So if it was at 2:30 today, they wanted enough time for fans to be able to watch the end and then get to the b-ball game.

I'm guessing it has to do with the football game. The game time wasn't set for today's game until recently. So if it was at 2:30 today, they wanted enough time for fans to be able to watch the end and then get to the b-ball game.

+1

Checked all the usual spots, no luck with a stream. It really feels like BTN covers more Indiana non-conference games than average.

Checked all the usual spots, no luck with a stream. It really feels like BTN covers more Indiana non-conference games than average.

It's a crock. If your team isn't one of the more popular ones in the conference, then you have to pay to watch them online?

I get having to watch it online, but don't make us pay to watch these early season games. Still don't understand why they can't use the alternate channels for basketball as well. I thought the point of the BTN was to increase exposure for the programs?

And now the gametrackers on ESPN and CBS don't work.

Gophers up 26-25 with 4:00 left. Yuck indeed.

Gophers lead 32-26 at half.

Rhode Island up 7 over #21 Nebraska with 2 mins left in OT

edit URI 66 Nebraska 62 in OT - tough day for Nebraska.

Gophers lead 32-26 at half.

Rhode Island up 7 over #21 Nebraska with 2 mins left in OT

Ec matthews with 25 pts and 10 rbs in that one. Didn't he have trouble qualifying at Minnesota?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I bought BTN Plus for Minnesota, paid $9.95 for 30 days...hope I get better than this in the future

I like Buggs, he is close to a breakthrough. He is a late bloomer and only a sophomore...people are too critical of him.

Mo is playing OK...everyone else is playing like garbage

Top Bottom