STrib: Walker giving Gophers the inside game they've been waiting for

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per the STrib:

Through three games this season, Walker has been the Gophers’ most efficient player in three major categories: scoring, rebounding and grabbing steals.

“He’s such a veteran presence,” fellow center Elliott Eliason said of the player he has platooned with the past two seasons. “He’s got that low-post scoring, and I think he’s improved his rebounding so much this year. I mean, we need him.”

When Walker has been on the court, he’s been nearly unstoppable. The fifth-year senior and sports management major is averaging 26.1 points, 9.8 rebounds and 4.9 steals per 40 minutes — all team highs.

“I definitely want to establish myself as one of the best post players in the league,” Walker said. “I’m just trying to do whatever I can for this team.”

http://www.startribune.com/sports/gophers/283559451.html

Go Gophers!!

Walker is pretty good, the best inside game we have on the team obviously... but I wish he would be more physical. Last night, he was given a great bounce pass and was pretty much wide open, and instead of slamming it in, he just tried to lay it up, and it didn't go in because it was either blocked or he was fouled (Can't remember now). The only one stopping Mo is himself. I guess he's just more of a finesse player, and that's fine, but just imagine how much better he would be if he had an aggressive side.

Top Bottom