mason and dorsey

max winter

Reaction score
I have been very impressed with Mason so far,and have watched tapes of Kevin Dorsey.I think they are kind of similar and will be awesome together.

I have been very impressed with Mason so far,and have watched tapes of Kevin Dorsey.I think they are kind of similar and will be awesome together.

Pitino has the guard situation in the best shape in many, many years here. Dorsey, Mason, Johnson and McBrayer are going to be a very strong group over the next 4 years. We are going to have the numbers and the speed to play the way Pitino likes which is really fun to watch.

Pitino has the guard situation in the best shape in many, many years here. Dorsey, Mason, Johnson and McBrayer are going to be a very strong group over the next 4 years. We are going to have the numbers and the speed to play the way Pitino likes which is really fun to watch.

We are going to need a breakout wing recruit this year. Absolutely imperative he hits a homerun either with the open scholarship in Spring signing for next year, a Freshman 2016 recruit or a 2016 Juco who can contribute right away. That is unless McBrayer is a Mason type recruit who can come in and be a stone cold assassin and handle major minutes his freshman/sophomore campaigns. I think McNeil is a fantastic multitool that can play all 3 positions and should be to defend those "hybrid" type 2/3s.

Love our guard play, we are thin this year if someone gets injured, but we've got quite the guard recruiting class to reload next year.

We are going to need a breakout wing recruit this year. Absolutely imperative he hits a homerun either with the open scholarship in Spring signing for next year, a Freshman 2016 recruit or a 2016 Juco who can contribute right away. That is unless McBrayer is a Mason type recruit who can come in and be a stone cold assassin and handle major minutes his freshman/sophomore campaigns. I think McNeil is a fantastic multitool that can play all 3 positions and should be to defend those "hybrid" type 2/3s.

Love our guard play, we are thin this year if someone gets injured, but we've got quite the guard recruiting class to reload next year.

Agree that they still need that wing. Coffey?

Agree that they still need that wing. Coffey?

Who knows? Coffey's father seems to think he should be a point guard and that's a bit troublesome with Mason, Dorsey, and Johnson already on the team.

Who knows? Coffey's father seems to think he should be a point guard and that's a bit troublesome with Mason, Dorsey, and Johnson already on the team.

Coffee can still bring the ball down the court if he wants. The little baby. Imagine having 3 guys on the court at all times that can take it and run with it with supreme confidence and skill.

I'm honestly not that worried about the comments from his Dad. I think people took them a little too seriously. I'm sure he wants him to play PG, but ultimately it's Amir's decision and it's not like a bunch of big-time schools are going to be offering him at that position either. If he's that intent on playing PG he might end up having to go to a mid-major, which I don't see happening.

I'm honestly not that worried about the comments from his Dad. I think people took them a little too seriously. I'm sure he wants him to play PG, but ultimately it's Amir's decision and it's not like a bunch of big-time schools are going to be offering him at that position either. If he's that intent on playing PG he might end up having to go to a mid-major, which I don't see happening.

I'm never surprised by what programs -- major and otherwise -- will do and say to get an elite prospect to sign with them, from hiring "advisers" as coaches (e.g. Danny Manning, Rashad Vaughn) to delivering outrageous financial payments (e.g. Reggie Bush, Cam Newton). In the scheme of things, promising a kid and his parents he'll play a certain position is nothing, if that's what it takes.

Amir will not go mid major...he would be the highest rated recruit ever to go mid major ...who's father was not the coach at the college. Plenty of schools will let him try out for PG . Recruiting is cut throat some schools will make deals and promises...

I'm never surprised by what programs -- major and otherwise -- will do and say to get an elite prospect to sign with them, from hiring "advisers" as coaches (e.g. Danny Manning, Rashad Vaughn) to delivering outrageous financial payments (e.g. Reggie Bush, Cam Newton). In the scheme of things, promising a kid and his parents he'll play a certain position is nothing, if that's what it takes.

sure, but a north carolina saying he'll play PG with the PG's on their roster vs. us saying it? he'd have a better chance at MN then at UNC. I think that was the main point keyser Soze was making. we shouldn't be concerned that our current roster will greatly impact his choices given what UNC and Arizona have at that position already.

Amir will not go mid major...he would be the highest rated recruit ever to go mid major ...who's father was not the coach at the college. Plenty of schools will let him try out for PG . Recruiting is cut throat some schools will make deals and promises...

You saw that part where I said, "which I don't see happening" right? I'm not predicting he will go mid-major. I'd be absolutely shocked if that happened. Some team like ISU may end up offering him at PG, I just think it's a strong possibility that no big time school does, and if that happens, the Gophers aren't at any sort of disadvantage.

Emmanuel Mudiay was a top 5 prospect this year that signed with SMU. Of course he's playing overseas now but still..

sure, but a north carolina saying he'll play PG with the PG's on their roster vs. us saying it? he'd have a better chance at MN then at UNC. I think that was the main point keyser Soze was making. we shouldn't be concerned that our current roster will greatly impact his choices given what UNC and Arizona have at that position already.

Yeah, I just don't think the whole point guard thing hurts us as much as some seem to think. Other major schools have good point guards and will continue to recruit them, so regardless of what a coach might say, Amir isn't likely to be guaranteed a starting PG spot for many teams, if any at all. I still like our chances with him.

Not in the classroom.

Emmanuel Mudiay was a top 5 prospect this year that signed with SMU. Of course he's playing overseas now but still..

A mid-major coached by Larry Brown is a very special case.

A mid-major coached by Larry Brown is a very special case.

SMU is starting to emphasize athletics again, hard to tell what direction they will go but their basic support in terms of money/influence is very high major.

Top Bottom