***GOPHERS VS FRANKLIN PIERCE IN GAME THREAD***

Stan

Reaction score
This guy has always hated Franklin Pierce!!

I hope Buggs and Konate get some decent PT.

Not related to this game, but Michigan is down 1 at the half to Detroit.

I'm off to the game now.

Go Gophers!! Beat the...Franklin Pierces!

Even money in the post-game press conference Pitino will mention Franklin Pierce led St. John's at halftime. Can't wait to hear how he pumps up UMBC, which has scored a total of 95 points in its first two games! He's got a little Lou Holtz in him.

Anyone have a free link to watch the game online? Wiziwig and firstrowsports don't show it. I refuse to pay for this when it should be on the BTN alternate channels.

LOL, announcer thought there was a media timeout when it didn't come on a dead ball. Caused us to miss about 10-20 seconds of game action

Gophers 55 to 31 at half. Morris 12, Hollins 11, Buggs 7 and Gophers 6 for 7 from 3 at the half.

Gophers 53-31 at the half I believe... Game observations so far:

-Charles Buggs can do no wrong! His kick out passes from the free throw line out to the perimeter are ending up in Hollins and Mason threes, his stroke looks good once again, he's finishing through contact, had an awesome dunk on the breakaway, he's rebounding well, and is even defending well.

-Mathieu hasn't made very good decisions tonight. He's been very solid on defense and in the press, but I'm looking for smarter distribution.

-Squirrel and Hulk have been pretty good tonight. I'm happy with what I've been seeing so far.

-Daquien McNeil hasn't played well at all. This makes 2 games from him now. Time to worry? Absolutely not! But he certainly hasn't displayed said offseason improvement so far.

-Konate is extremely raw. Athleticism is obvious though! Had a huge putback dunk on a Nate Mason miss (gasp).

Gophers 53-31 at the half I believe... Game observations so far:

-Charles Buggs can do no wrong! His kick out passes from the free throw line out to the perimeter are ending up in Hollins and Mason threes, his stroke looks good once again, he's finishing through contact, had an awesome dunk on the breakaway, he's rebounding well, and is even defending well.

-Mathieu hasn't made very good decisions tonight. He's been very solid on defense and in the press, but I'm looking for smarter distribution.

-Squirrel and Hulk have been pretty good tonight. I'm happy with what I've been seeing so far.

-Daquien McNeil hasn't played well at all. This makes 2 games from him now. Time to worry? Absolutely not! But he certainly hasn't displayed said offseason improvement so far.

-Konate is extremely raw. Athleticism is obvious though! Had a huge putback dunk on a Nate Mason miss (gasp).

It looks like Hollins is having a good game too.

Honestly, they should have set up a game with Winona or Northern State. It would have been twice as competitive as this. Ugh.

Nate Mason hits a three, than follows that up on the next possession by hitting a three in transition from about 8-9 feet BEHIND the 3-point line. He's as dynamic of a shooter as it gets. Vaughn and Macura who??

Nate Mason is going to be a nice player. Fearless.

LOL announcer said Shell might play his way into the rotation if he keeps playing like this.

Slow down buddy. I don't even think GopherLady would try to suggest Shell gets into the rotation.

The announcers claiming they didn't cover. Lol.

And UMBC may be just as bad as Hawkeye Pierce

Chance to go back to back games with the century mark.

Squirrel: 16 PTS, 4 STL
Mason: 15 PTS, 5 AST, 4 REB, 3-3 3pt
Andre: 14 PTS, 8 REB, 4 AST, 4-4 3pt

King: 11 PTS
Shell: 8 PTS
Buggs: 8 PTS, 4 REB, 2 BLK
Hulk: 8 PTS, 5 REB
Mo: 8 PTS, 6 REB,
Konate: 6 PTS, 3 REB, 4 STL

Honestly, they should have set up a game with Winona or Northern State. It would have been twice as competitive as this. Ugh.
This game came with the Preseason NIT, wasn't The U's choice

Is it common to play regular season games against DII schools? Exhibition yes, but I don't remember us ever playing against a non DI school in the regular season (other than Chaminade last year). Not sure how we can't fill our schedule with all DI teams with over 300 of them.

This game came with the Preseason NIT, wasn't The U's choice

I know the Preseason NIT was struggling to find teams but howeda7 said it best...they couldn't find a better DII team even?

I know the Preseason NIT was struggling to find teams but howeda7 said it best...they couldn't find a better DII team even?

It's crazy to think just this past weekend this team was beating St. John's by 7 points at halftime and only lost to them by 13. We won by 52!

It's crazy to think just this past weekend this team was beating St. John's by 7 points at halftime and only lost to them by 13. We won by 52!

Pitino probably told the team that the past 2 days so we didn't fall into the same problem and come out flat

Is it common to play regular season games against DII schools? Exhibition yes, but I don't remember us ever playing against a non DI school in the regular season (other than Chaminade last year). Not sure how we can't fill our schedule with all DI teams with over 300 of them.

Edit: Sorry, forgot this is part of the NIT so we had no choice.

To confirm, this game will not be used as a win on our tourney resume?

Top Bottom