Antonio Johnson Out

MaxyJR1

Reaction score
Kill stated on his radio show that he could be out until bowl game.

Who is going to be the bad kickoff returner alongside Myrick now?

I'm not even sure if he's the secondary returner, I just remember he did it last year.

That's tough - think he does a good job against the run. What's the injury?

Is this a spot where D. Travis can step in and play? He has made some big tackles/plays in the secondary this season.

Or, maybe Antonio Thompson could fill in for him. :cool:

Has to be Travis and Levine, right? Do we have any other safeties with game experience? Any chance Wells moves back?

Is this a spot where D. Travis can step in and play? He has made some big tackles/plays in the secondary this season.

He's played a lot as the 3rd linebacker in a 4-3 type look against spread offenses. Against Nebraska and Wisconsin, I'd imagine Lynn would be on the field a lot more for 3 true linebackers. So yeah, I'd think we could see Travis rotating in with Thompson and Wells, especially in run heavy situations.

Has to be Travis and Levine, right? Do we have any other safeties with game experience? Any chance Wells moves back?

He's been playing safety for a while now.

We'll be fine. This injury doesn't concern me much.

I think Wells already has moved back.

Yeah- I'm not sure of his actual position, but Wells plays the role of Safety in a lot of formations. Someone on here (can't remember who) explained this a couple months back. EM31, BBC, and Myrick are all better cover guys than Wells, IMO. I don't think they should have ever moved him.

Who is going to be the bad kickoff returner alongside Myrick now?

I'm not even sure if he's the secondary returner, I just remember he did it last year.

Back to Marcus Jones? or perhaps Berkely Edwards..

Duke McGhee might see a little more PT, but I'd guess they'll just shorten the rotation. We've been playing 8-10 guys in the secondary pretty consistently so, while injuries always suck, this is one area where we can deal with it.

FYI
Wells has come in as basically a nickel safety in a lot of formations with Travis down in the box as a kind of Rover hybrid. My guess is Wells simply starts at S with Levine taking more snaps and Thompson playing the whole game instead of rotating. Thompson is valuable in the run game though as they've basically used Wells in coverage or a high safety this year (which has largely kept him healthy for once).

Kill stated on his radio show that he could be out until bowl game.

Hopefully Antonio is ok. I'm less concerned about the Gophers on field performance and more concerned about wishing my brother a successful and speedy recovery. Off the field is what counts.

I think the DB's will be ok filling in for him until the bowl game.

the KO R will also be fine. i think we have several that have been used back there that will fill in.

Does anyone know when AJ got hurt? was it on a KOR? I hope not as it always sucks when a starter is hurt on ST's

I think the DB's will be ok filling in for him until the bowl game.

the KO R will also be fine. i think we have several that have been used back there that will fill in.

Does anyone know when AJ got hurt? was it on a KOR? I hope not as it always sucks when a starter is hurt on ST's

AJ Barker, good riddance, was hurt on a TD reception.

Top Bottom