New trophy game

Nate

cum grano salis
Reaction score
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Goldy and Faux have a little back and forth going on as well.

Couple this with the newly-formed Dilly Bar trophy against Ohio State and we got something going.

I still prefer the Parski Trophy. :rolleyes:

ImageProxy.mvc

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Goldy and Faux have a little back and forth going on as well.

Although a bit pricier, we already have that junky victory thingy with PSU.

It's actually happening. Goldy is officially the best.

B2-QScWIIAAeACB.jpg

B2-Q1XNIgAERWm7.jpg

B2-Q1jsIgAEYNwz.jpg

I want the victorious team (regardless of if it's the Gophs or Nebraska) to hoist this up. This is the quirky kind of way trophies should come about, not just created like the Freedom Trophy.

I want the victorious team (regardless of if it's the Gophs or Nebraska) to hoist this up. This is the quirky kind of way trophies should come about, not just created like the Freedom Trophy.

Thinking the exact same thing. Do you think people 100 years from now will read about the Twitter origins of the broken pieces of chair and think it's as quaint and novel as we see the Little Brown Jug today?

Are we actually playing for this? I'm game. I just need to know.

What's missing is the big celebration part of it.

The original bet was that Faux Pelini gets to break a chair over Goldy's back if they win. Now we also need a chair every year for the mascots to break.

This is funny I say put the Trophy on the line

Let's put this thing up for grabs on Saturday why not? Funny trophy. Unlike the POS Badgers that stole the slab of bacon and then called it retired. Lets put this broken chair thing up for grabs against Nebraska, the team that wins Saturday adds the first score and the date.

These are words of wisdom. Trophies created by bureaucrats are pathetic.

The mascots should have and cheer teams should have a stare down with the trophy to start the game. I know that is copying Cal and Stanford but why not, that is about as humerous as the trophy itself the stare and pose down. Goldy and that blow up cornhusker thing should have a pose down.

Maybe we can get a piece of that broken chair and use it for a new 'Through the eye socket' trophy.

Goldy and that blow up cornhusker thing should have a pose down.

That blow up thing is NOT the mascot, dammit! :mad: Herbie Husker is the mascot. Ironically the 1940's-1960's corn cob mascots like Mr Cornhead and Johnny Husker were a bit more PC - I wonder if we might see a return those.

This is the peoples rivalry game. We can make it a big thing. All you have to do is # the fuk out of it tomorrow and make it trend on twitter.

Since we know this is going to be a physical football game and series

Maybe we can get a piece of that broken chair and use it for a new 'Through the eye socket' trophy.

I propose that the broken chair trophy be called unofficially "The Bring the Wood" trophy as in smashmouth football.

I like this trophy because it is cheaply made, and reminds me of what cheapskates Minnesotans and Nebraska people are.
We know a good deal when we see one, likes carryon luggage and embrace our cheapness.
The $5 bills also remind me that we all like free parking, especially those folks that park for free and still take the shuttle to the stadium.
Go Gophers bring back the broken pieces of chair troph and smack the Huskers.
If fully expect Goldy to bringing back his trophy tomorrow.

If Goldy shows up with this abortion of a Trophy at the game tomorrow, it might be the greatest thing to happen to college football in a long time! I am so sick of the corporate/administration trophies. This thing is rad.

Top Bottom