Urban Meyer on win at MN

MaxyJR1

Reaction score
A bit of blowing smoke, but good to see.

Urban Meyer is one of the biggest coach-lobbyists in the game. I'll never forget how he turned the tide of public opinion back when Ohio State and Michigan should've been 1-2 and playing in a rematch in the championship game, and he got Florida to jump idle Michigan in the final week. That was the beginning of the SEC's run.

Meh. He'd probably be singing a different tune if OSU lost....

EDIT: Tune instead of TOON. Damn iPhone...

Meh. He'd probably be singing a different toon if OSU lost....

i think he would be singing a louder version of the same tune. Especially if that loss affected them getting into the playoffs.

It's no different than what every other coach in contention for the playoff is doing, and I guarantee that any SEC team that finishes with two losses is going to claim they're still better than the fourth team from another conference that gets in because the SEC is so much better than every other conference.

Does that mean we will have Ohio State fans rooting for us the next two weeks? I know we have some TCU fans who are.

Does that mean we will have Ohio State fans rooting for us the next two weeks? I know we have some TCU fans who are.

They probably will be rooting for us next week but would rather Wisconsin beat us so they can play them in the Big Ten Championship game. A win against Wisconsin would look better than another win against us.

4 team playoff - - - must win your conference. Win it on the field, not in the board room.

They probably will be rooting for us next week but would rather Wisconsin beat us so they can play them in the Big Ten Championship game. A win against Wisconsin would look better than another win against us.
Not necessarily. Gophers would have a better resume at that point.

Yeah you might be right but if we win this week we move to 8-3 and if Wisconsin wins they move to 9-2. Just a guess Ohio St fans would want to play a team with the most possible wins in the Big Ten Championship but who knows for sure.

In their minds they don't need to root for anyone because Ohio St is the best team in the NCAA and NFL so they don't need help.

Thank you! Nice to see some logic being used here. Was shaking my head at naivety of that earlier comment.

Sorry how was my comment naive? Was just trying to offer some perspective to a question that was raised.

If Wisconsin wins out, they will be 10-2, with a Heisman finalist.

If OSU can contain Gordon and win the B1G championship, they will have 3 quality wins, all away from The Horseshoe, since November 8th. The committee should look at that and consider it very closely.

4 team playoff - - - must win your conference. Win it on the field, not in the board room.

There is too much room for argument with different conferences which is why you are right. Just pit the conference champs against each other. Then there is no my conference was tougher than yours. If you won the SEC and then lost to the B1G conference champ, it was decided on the field and not by the opinion of which conference deserves to be there.

Thank you! Nice to see some logic being used here. Was shaking my head at naivety of that earlier comment.

We'd have a better resume, but Wisconsin will still be ranked higher. If Wisconsin wins two games they'll be flirting with a top 10 ranking. If we win two, we'll be lucky to hit 15. I'm sure Ohio State cares more about ranking.

Anyone who thinks playing a 3 loss MN team is better than a 2 lose WI team for tOSU, is nuts.

Top Bottom