NCAA responds to UNC academic scandal.

not far enough. UNC's transgressions were massive. Weber State should get the death penalty ;)

I thought this was the basketball forum?

Well done. The NCAA is such a spineless and cowardly organization severely lacking in integrity. I used to believe they cared about academic integrity, but the way they roll over for a blue blood program with the worst academic scandal in NCAA history is pathetic.

Does anyone know what UNC's status before the NCAA is? Has the NCAA opened an investigation? Is there anything pending that is publicly known?

Agree

This just makes me for frustrated...

From the article on Weber St:
The NCAA says the math instructor completed quizzes and tests for five players, and gave others hints about formulas and help with quiz and test answers.

UNC: 3000 plus players, 18 years of sham classes, titles won with players kept eligible by said classes.

From the article on Weber St:
The NCAA says the math instructor completed quizzes and tests for five players, and gave others hints about formulas and help with quiz and test answers.

UNC: 3000 plus players, 18 years of sham classes, titles won with players kept eligible by said classes.

Clem must be ripping off his jacket as we speak.

Damn with charges and evidence like that the hammer better come down.

All I want to know about this whole thing, I don't care about anything else. ...

Will North Carolina self-impose a postseason ban for 2015-16? And if they don't (which is the route I'm guessing they'll take), the NCAA needs to do that for them. Could care less about lost scholarships, lost practice time, coach suspensions, vacated wins, PR hits, etc. If the school won't do it themselves, you have to take the most important carrot (the NCAA Tournament) out of the equation. If UNC self-imposes a postseason ban for 2015-16, they'll gain back some of my respect because we're talking about a national-champion caliber team next season. Even a blueblood like Carolina doesn't have a national-title caliber team every season. This season they will.

All I want to know about this whole thing, I don't care about anything else. ...

Will North Carolina self-impose a postseason ban for 2015-16? And if they don't (which is the route I'm guessing they'll take), the NCAA needs to do that for them. Could care less about lost scholarships, lost practice time, coach suspensions, public floggings, PR hits, etc. If the school won't do it themselves, you have to take the most important carrot (the NCAA Tournament) out of the equation. If UNC self-imposes a postseason ban for 2015-16, they'll gain back some of my respect because we're talking about a national-champion caliber team next season. Even a blueblood like Carolina doesn't have a national-title caliber team every season. This season they will.

Makes me wonder if Tokoto suspected something and decided to leave early.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If UNC does not lose at least one of their banners, for far worse violations. I vote that the Gophers rehang their final four banner.

Will North Carolina self-impose a postseason ban for 2015-16? And if they don't (which is the route I'm guessing they'll take), the NCAA needs to do that for them. Could care less about lost scholarships, lost practice time, coach suspensions, vacated wins, PR hits, etc. If the school won't do it themselves, you have to take the most important carrot (the NCAA Tournament) out of the equation. If UNC self-imposes a postseason ban for 2015-16, they'll gain back some of my respect because we're talking about a national-champion caliber team next season. Even a blueblood like Carolina doesn't have a national-title caliber team every season. This season they will.

Watching UNC win the National Title next year while we're still trying to climb out of the smoking crater 17 years later will be more nauseating than watching Wisconsin win it this year would have been.

Times change. Schools change. Cheating continues...that doesn't change.

Top Bottom