Gophers in 2015 Puerto Rico Tip-Off

http://www.gophersports.com/sports/m-baskbl/spec-rel/112014aaa.html

Will also have Butler, Miami, Mississippi State, Missouri State, Temple, Texas Tech and Utah. 11/19 to 11/22.

No big knockers (like the B4A two seasons ago), but a solid field nonetheless. Angel Rodriguez-led Miami-Florida the early favorite.

This means 2 other things about the Gophers' 2015-16 non-conference schedule:

(1) We won't play Miami in the ACC Challenge; and

(2) If Gophers are part of the 1st annual Dave Gavitt Tipoff Games http://www.si.com/college-basketball/2014/05/04/big-ten-big-east-dave-gavitt-tipoff, it's likely Butler won't be their Big East opponent.

Some decent resume boosting possibilities here with Miami, Utah, and Butler, but nothing super flashy. May need that home/away matchup Pitino was talking about to strengthen the non conference schedule a bit.

I'd love to see that matchup. They are going to be god-awful.

TT looked decent against LSU, not sure if LSU is any good but they can't be that bad, TT will be a lot better than the home NC teams we are seeing this year. Tubby's teams play tough they just don't finish it very often. I'd love to see a Gopher/TT matchup, it would be a good NC game.

Some decent resume boosting possibilities here with Miami, Utah, and Butler, but nothing super flashy. May need that home/away matchup Pitino was talking about to strengthen the non conference schedule a bit.

lousiville

The only way we're ever getting Louisville to play at The Barn is if the ACC/Big Ten Challenge forces the issue. No chance Papa Rick will play here on his own volition.

I'd settle for a nice, solid home-and-home with (for example) a Xavier, Oklahoma, Colorado, Stanford, Ole Miss, Vanderbilt, etc., all Power 6 programs that have shown a willingness to schedule quality home-and-homes.

I will wager a bet thats our opening game. ESPN loves a media frenzy.

In 2009 at the Anaheim Classic ESPN had the chance to match Minnesota vs Long Beach St coached by Tubby's predecessor Dan Monson. They opted to put them in different brackets.

In 2009 at the Anaheim Classic ESPN had the chance to match Minnesota vs Long Beach St coached by Tubby's predecessor Dan Monson. They opted to put them in different brackets.

The world has changed since then. ESPN LOVES Drama remember!

TT looked decent against LSU, not sure if LSU is any good but they can't be that bad, TT will be a lot better than the home NC teams we are seeing this year. Tubby's teams play tough they just don't finish it very often. I'd love to see a Gopher/TT matchup, it would be a good NC game.

The trick would be to find ourselves trailing by 10 with under 5 minutes left. That is when the wheels usually fall off.

AZ Gopher says need more info

No big knockers (like the B4A two seasons ago), but a solid field nonetheless. Angel Rodriguez-led Miami-Florida the early favorite.

This means 2 other things about the Gophers' 2015-16 non-conference schedule:

(1) We won't play Miami in the ACC Challenge; and

(2) If Gophers are part of the 1st annual Dave Gavitt Tipoff Games http://www.si.com/college-basketball/2014/05/04/big-ten-big-east-dave-gavitt-tipoff, it's likely Butler won't be their Big East opponent.

More infoon Dave Gavitt Tipoff games -- anyone?

Top Bottom