MN -NE game is the most important Gopher Football game in 20,30,40 yrs?

Does it really matter that much? Personally I don't see much difference between the Outback and the Holiday. The Outback will feature something like the 5th best SEC team while the Holiday will feature something the 3rd best PAC 12 team. And, again, the Holiday owns its night while the Outback competes with two other big bowls (another Big Ten team, probably Wisconsin, in the Citrus and an At Large bowl) at the same time on New Years day. I think the team gets more exposure in the Holiday.

I think Missouri or Auburn on New Year's Day is a much better game than USC or Utah (Im just going off of ESPN projections) two day's after Christmas. And all we have to do is beat Nebraska to put the ball in the conferences court. It would be up to them if they choose us to get jumped yet again.

But we're all entitled to our opinions. Either bowl is significantly better than a Texas bowl or even NY (barf). Which we can still go to if we drop both of these games.

Does it really matter that much? Personally I don't see much difference between the Outback and the Holiday. The Outback will feature something like the 5th best SEC team while the Holiday will feature something the 3rd best PAC 12 team. And, again, the Holiday owns its night while the Outback competes with two other big bowls (another Big Ten team, probably Wisconsin, in the Citrus and an At Large bowl) at the same time on New Years day. I think the team gets more exposure in the Holiday.

Matters to me. Our boys work hard, and I want to see them get the bowl game with the prestige commensurate with the effort level and results they achieved on the field this year.

No more important than any of the previous games and that is why I love college football :)

Do you know which Bowl I prefer between Holiday and Outback? The best team for which MN is a terrible match-up. A highly regarded team whose QB doesn't run and whose defense struggles to stop the run. It would be nice if the conveniently overlooked facts in the #narrative benefit the Gophs for once in my life and we throttle a brand name team like Florida or USC or someone like that.

Do you know which Bowl I prefer between Holiday and Outback? The best team for which MN is a terrible match-up. A highly regarded team whose QB doesn't run and whose defense struggles to stop the run. It would be nice if the conveniently overlooked facts in the #narrative benefit the Gophs for once in my life and we throttle a brand name team like Florida or USC or someone like that.

Agreed

Top Bottom