BTN, BTN2GO and BTN PLus

Twinsfan007

Reaction score
Hi guys. So to make a long story short, we got rid of cable to save some coin :cry: I'm pretty dissapointed that I won't be able to see the gophers this season. I've looked for other alternatives and I came across BTN2GO and BTN Plus. Does anyone know if I'll be able to watch all the gopher games this season? (besides the ones on ESPN, ESPN2, etc.). I've looked them up on their website and I'm still kinda confused on how it works. So am I able to see all the games? Including those on BTN that night? My brother has BTN through Directv so I would just piggy back off of his account. Does anyone have/use BTN2GO & BTN Plus? I want to hear your thoughts/opinons.

Hi guys. So to make a long story short, we got rid of cable to save some coin :cry: I'm pretty dissapointed that I won't be able to see the gophers this season. I've looked for other alternatives and I came across BTN2GO and BTN Plus. Does anyone know if I'll be able to watch all the gopher games this season? (besides the ones on ESPN, ESPN2, etc.). I've looked them up on their website and I'm still kinda confused on how it works. So am I able to see all the games? Including those on BTN that night? My brother has BTN through Directv so I would just piggy back off of his account. Does anyone have/use BTN2GO & BTN Plus? I want to hear your thoughts/opinons.

My understanding is that with DirecTV you're SOL with BTN Plus (e.g., tomorrow night's game) unless you pay a separate subscription fee for BTN Plus. Awful.

I do. For BTN Plus, get the $9.95/month package for the pick your team (Minnesota) and you'll get all the men's and women's games that aren't on BTN2GO. All the games on BTN will also be on BTN2GO for you through your brother's account and the rest of the games will be available to you on BTN Plus. You can cancel whenever and it'll stop at the end of the month.

BTN Plus can be accessed by anyone who will pay the $9.95. BTN2Go for regular BTN programming will only be accessible if you are a subscriber via cable/satellite or have someone willing to share their log-in.

Does anyone know if BTN2GO is supported by Chromecast? And if not, are there any work-arounds?

Thanks.

Does anyone know if BTN2GO is supported by Chromecast? And if not, are there any work-arounds?

Thanks.

BTN2GO isn't on Chromecast, Roku, AppleTV, Amazon FireTV or any other streaming device.

BTN2GO isn't on Chromecast, Roku, AppleTV, Amazon FireTV or any other streaming device.

Which is ridiculous IMO. Your best bet for a workaround is to cast the tab itself from Chrome, but doing that makes video stupendously choppy so it's not really worth it.

Well that's disappointing. So to watch the games on your TV you are essentially required to have cable/satellite/etc. I wonder if that's intentional, or just laziness.

Thanks.

I thought you could cast anything to a chrome cast with a laptop. That's how I use my Apple TV. I just mirror my laptop screen.

Trying to find out if/when BTN will replay the game on their "regular channels". Any info.? (same question for Saturday's game.)

Tonight's game is replayed on BTN tomorrow at 2pm I believe. Saturday's game gets replayed on BTN around 6am Wednesday morning I think. I don't think there are any more BTN Plus games after Saturday, so may not be worth signing up at this point.

Thanks.

Connect your computer via HDMI directly to the TV. Not ideal. I wish BTN would hurry up and create a Roku/Apple app. I have no idea why they haven't.

Connect your computer via HDMI directly to the TV. Not ideal. I wish BTN would hurry up and create a Roku/Apple app. I have no idea why they haven't.

So this looks like what I'll be doing then. We've go HTPC hooked up to our TV's throughout the house so I'll just pull it up online and watch it that way. I was just curious if im able to watch live games on BTN from online. I don't want to miss the conference games because you can only see them through cable. I'm also really surprised BTN hasn't created an app so you can stream their content through that. They really need to pick it up. They're falling behind compared to mlb.tv and others in that regard.

So this looks like what I'll be doing then. We've go HTPC hooked up to our TV's throughout the house so I'll just pull it up online and watch it that way. I was just curious if im able to watch live games on BTN from online. I don't want to miss the conference games because you can only see them through cable. I'm also really surprised BTN hasn't created an app so you can stream their content through that. They really need to pick it up. They're falling behind compared to mlb.tv and others in that regard.

The regular games on BTN will be the same. The only difference is for BTN2GO you log-in through your TV provider versus logging into your 'acount' for BTN+. The BTN2GO app for Adroid on my phone is actually quite impressive. I have no idea why they can't push that to the other streaming devices. ESPN3 works great. The picture quality is almost better than ESPN through the cable.

So all of the increased content we were supposed to receive through BTN continues to be nonsense. They can't just allow BTN subscribers to watch these games on BTN2Go without trying to charge them?

So all of the increased content we were supposed to receive through BTN continues to be nonsense. They can't just allow BTN subscribers to watch these games on BTN2Go without trying to charge them?
BTN subscribers don't have to pay for BTN Plus, do they?

Wow that's definitely messed up

I already cancelled the auto-renew on Plus, since Saturday should be the last time I'll need it until next year

Many Gopher Women's games on BTN+ this season.

Pay bucks for BTN/cable and they don't cover the game. But if you really want to see it you can stream it AND PAY AN EXTRA $10 month for BTN+. I already had to pick up ESPNU to get some Gopher games @$10 PER MONTH..........what a F'ing crock.

Many Gopher Women's games on BTN+ this season.

Pay bucks for BTN/cable and they don't cover the game. But if you really want to see it you can stream it AND PAY AN EXTRA $10 month for BTN+. I already had to pick up ESPNU to get some Gopher games @$10 PER MONTH..........what a F'ing crock.

There's not a single non-conference women's game on regular TV. It appears 7 or 8 of the 16 conference games will be. The rest, BTN +. They should at least make it free. I'm not paying $10/month for that.

For whatever reason, I was able to watch the game tonight on BTN2Go even though I haven't paid for BTN+

For whatever reason, I was able to watch the game tonight on BTN2Go even though I haven't paid for BTN+

I wish I would have known that! I sat at my computer and watched the Michigan/Detroit game on BTN2GO before chromecasting ESPN360 to my TV for Iowa/Texas.

Top Bottom