FSN: Gophers embarassed after sweep by Minnesota-Duluth

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per FSN:

Atrocious.

That was the word Gophers forward Connor Reilly used to describe last Friday's performance by Minnesota. The Gophers were blanked 3-0 at home by rival Minnesota Duluth, and the Bulldogs went on to sweep Minnesota with a 2-1 win Saturday.

While the sweep was tough to stomach, it was that Friday performance that still stung the Gophers players several days later.

"Monday was not fun coming to the rink," Reilly said. "Everyone was pissed off -- trainers, players, coaches -- which is how it should be with the way our performance was this past weekend. It was pretty embarrassing overall, to be honest."

http://www.foxsports.com/north/stor...rassed-after-sweep-by-minnesota-duluth-111914

Go Gophers!!

They should be. They are too good of a team to play like that. Fridays game was an ugly combo of lazy and stupid. Whenever we have a bad game, we hear the phrase "hopefully this was a good wakeup call", and it ticks me off how often we hear that every year. This is Division 1 hockey and we are an elite team, how many damn reminders should this team need that they are supposed to show up focused and be ready to work hard?

They should be. They are too good of a team to play like that. Fridays game was an ugly combo of lazy and stupid. Whenever we have a bad game, we hear the phrase "hopefully this was a good wakeup call", and it ticks me off how often we hear that every year. This is Division 1 hockey and we are an elite team, how many damn reminders should this team need that they are supposed to show up focused and be ready to work hard?

My feelings exactly. A lot of folks were saying things like "maybe this will be good for them" and "they'll come back better as a result of it." BS. This is a team with NHL draft picks everywhere on the ice. It has skill and depth at every spot and yet they couldn't get their butts in gear for two straight nights against an in-state rival. Then they top it off by losing to the USA U-18s the next time out. To say I don't like this team right now is an understatement. They're ripe to get plucked big-time out east next weekend and it wouldn't be surprising if they decide not to show up again.

Top Bottom