Melvin Gordon vs. Gophers.

I've not watched any of WI's games this year, but has anyone tried 4 DL and 4 LB's. If you are going to put a safety in the box all of the time and not respect the pass game, why not make it an extra LB. Then run blitz with the 4 DL and 2 LBS and keep a LB on each side covering the cutback lanes. Some risks involved....

Because that takes away all disguise from your D and also kills your ability to cover multiple WR sets or even good TEs. That's why its vital to have safeties that tackle well which we have. Travis in particular has the size and really plays like a Rover.

Melvin the "____?____ winning another heisman for Wisconsin would be tough to swallow but I think he should get it.

I agree. Someone in the national media made a good point comparing Gordon to Mariota. People like to think of the Heisman trophy winner as a legendary college football player. People don't really think of Mariota as legendary, they think of him as a really good college QB in a really good system.

Gordon breaking the single game rushing record on only 25 carries in 3 quarters is legendary. He may also smash the single season yards per carry record of 7.81 by Mike Rozier, He is currently at 8.6, not to mention he narrowly missed breaking this record last year. I think these are things that have vaulted Gordon to the top.

Don't know if this has been posted from the madison.com site.

So what happened in the game where Gordon didn’t surpass 100 yards?

It took place Sept. 6 at Camp Randall against Western Illinois, a Football Championship Subdivision school that will finish its season Saturday with a losing record.

The Leathernecks dropped a 37-3 decision to UW that day but left town pleased that they’d held Gordon to 38 yards on 17 carries.

http://host.madison.com/sports/college/football/badgers-football-only-one-speed-bump-on-melvin-gordon-s/article_64ad534c-df9f-5531-abb2-06174e0d3299.html[/URL]

I think one of the keys to stopping Gordon is going to be the play of our DL. Hopefully Elmore and Richardson have their best games of the year.

Top Bottom