Gaston Diedhiou sighting?

GopherLady

Reaction score
I'm horrible with faces....but he stands out. I thought I saw him at The Barn, and then coming out of the locker room before they let media in. Can anyone confirm it was him sitting behind the basket?

I'm horrible with faces....but he stands out. I thought I saw him at The Barn, and then coming out of the locker room before they let media in. Can anyone confirm it was him sitting behind the basket?

Correct. Seeing him at both the UMD and last night’s game, sure appears GW was dead wrong, yet again.

Always appeared unlikely to work out with Diedhiou (both respect to initially joining the program and also longer-term). Things could always change, but if he never joins the team I don't see it as a negative.

Sometimes the real story is fed in a certain way for effect.

Things are often not what they seem if you accept only what you're told.

Consider what may actually be at play here and different ways of handling it. See if you don't conclude this path may be the best available.

Correct. Seeing him at both the UMD and last night’s game, sure appears GW was dead wrong, yet again.

He was fun to watch during the game last night - he really gets into it. His size is obviously intriguing. Let's hope he takes care of business on the English testing side of things. It will be interesting to see if he does become eligible, whether or not he redshirts or the staff tries to work him in the rotation knowing that any bit of experience he could get this year, will be important next season when we lose our two bigs. Obviously the ideal scenario is just to RS him.

Go Gophers!!

I wonder if he realizes how much of a joke he is. It's interesting how someone who is consistently wrong can be so smug and arrogant. Insecurity issues maybe?

He was fun to watch during the game last night - he really gets into it. His size is obviously intriguing!

Yes, appears like he really wants to be with the team.

Also good to see what had to be Joey Kings brother a few rows below Gaston, I'd assume he is doing well...?

Diedhiou is living on campus, and taking the classes he's allowed to take.

Thanks for the update. It can't be anything but good for the Gophers...the more he's here, around, and getting adjusted, the quicker the learning curve will be.

Having never seen him outside of that video recorded with an instagram filter, how BIG is this kid? Is he physically mature like Bakary? Or long and lanky like Buggs mcghee?

I turned on the replay of the game this afternoon, and the guy behind the bench was identified as Gorgui Dieng, attending to watch Konate.

I turned on the replay of the game this afternoon, and the guy behind the bench was identified as Gorgui Dieng, attending to watch Konate.

This thread is about the guy about 10 rows behind the Gopher basket. Dieng sits behind the Gopher bench when he attends, Gaston has been about 10 rows behind the Gopher basket so far this year.

Top Bottom