Top 5 players at TCF this year

CWCWCW

Reaction score
The home schedule is over. Here's my humble opinion of the top five players that I saw.
1) J.T. Barrett. Even with a couple mistakes that could have proven costly, he is my runaway winner.
2) J. Bosa. This dude is scary. I keyed on him for a couple of series. Relentless, powerful, and disruptive.
3) D. Cobb. Ohio State performance really showed true colors.
4) D Wilson. I didn't think his performance at Ohio State was one of his best, but he is very good.
5) J. Jackson. Best back I saw behind Cobb. I'm surprised he hasn't made more noise in the Big 10.

I realize these may be considered more of the glamour type positions. But, with that in mind, one of the players who I thought may dominate was Scherff, the OL from Iowa. I don't get it. He didn't impress.

Any others that I clearly missed?

Bosa definitely impressed me as well. Was a stud on D. I would say Barrett would be #1, but Bosa wouldn't be too far off.

Good List, Justin Jackson is a STUD, BTW - Honorable mentions:

Trevor Siemian had an outstanding game against us. Made some really tough throws into some tight tight windows. I was shaking my head in disbelief on several of them. If he played like that every week (see also Notre Dame) they'd be bowl eligible already.

Akeem Hunt. That dude is FAST.

AHEM - Maxx Williams, please?

Good List, Justin Jackson is a STUD, BTW - Honorable mentions:

Trevor Siemian had an outstanding game against us. Made some really tough throws into some tight tight windows. I was shaking my head in disbelief on several of them. If he played like that every week (see also Notre Dame) they'd be bowl eligible already.

Akeem Hunt. That dude is FAST.

AHEM - Maxx Williams, please?[/QUOTE]

My first thought was where is Maxx?!?! Best tight end in NCAA and not on your list with the numerous top ten play worthy catches he has made?

Easy,

1. J.T. Barrett
2. Maxx Williams
3. David Cobb
4. Damian Wilson/Briean Boddy-Calhoun
5. Bosa

Screw Bosa and the overrated OSU D Line.

1. Barrett
2. Barrett
3. Bosa
4. Maxx
5. Cobb

Easy,

1. J.T. Barrett
2. Maxx Williams
3. David Cobb
5. Bosa

Ahhh, did you watch the game? Bosa is an absolute terror.

1. Barrett
2. Bosa
3. Maxx
4. Cobb
5. Wilson / BBC

Jackson, Hunt and Danny Anthorp get honorable mention from Stan.

1. Barrett
2. Cobb
3. Purdue RBs
4. Williams
5. Tie Wilson/BBC/Myrick

Myrick may (not saying he does) have a top 5 play, but no way he is one of the top 5 players we have seen this year.

Easy,

1. J.T. Barrett
2. Maxx Williams
3. David Cobb
5. Bosa

If you watched Bosa a lot during the game, he was a monster.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cobb is waaay ahead for me as a Gopher representative

1. Barrett
2. Cobb
3. Bosa
4. Maxx
5. Tie Wilson/BBC/Murray/Myrick/Thompson/Mortell/Santoso/Epping/Botticelli...ha did I miss anyone?

Trivia question: Name the top 3 individual performers in total offense for the Gophers this season?

I did give Bosa my #5 rank. But screw the overrated OSU D Line and him...it's unrelated.

Top Bottom