Still #25!

I thought there would be a very slim chance considering the other teams around the Gophers. I'm really not used to us getting the benefit of the doubt though! :)

Nice to see us given credit for a hard fought loss! Usually we tumble out of the rankings after a loss of any kind.

Don't really understand why they are bothering to go 25 deep on a poll where realistically only the top 8 - 10 have any shot at all of making the top 4. Don't get me wrong, it is great to be ranked but like the BCS poll before it once you get beyond the top handful of teams the rest are pretty much just filler with no shot of factoring into the mix.

Don't really understand why they are bothering to go 25 deep on a poll where realistically only the top 8 - 10 have any shot at all of making the top 4. Don't get me wrong, it is great to be ranked but like the BCS poll before it once you get beyond the top handful of teams the rest are pretty much just filler with no shot of factoring into the mix.

If I am correct the Playoff Committee is also deciding the other major bowl games which used to be BCS games.

Selection Committee Responsibilities
Select the top four teams for the playoff, rank them and assign them to semifinal sites.
Rank the next group of teams to play in other New Year’s bowls if berth are available.
Select the highest-ranked champion from the five conferences without New Year’s bowl contracts.
Assign teams to New Year’s bowls
Create competitive matchups
Attempt to avoid rematches of regular-season games and repeat appearances
Consider geography

http://www.collegefootballplayoff.com/story?id=null

They should do a top four each week, leaving the traditional polls to do a top 25.

They should do a top four each week, leaving the traditional polls to do a top 25.

Why exactly? That makes no sense whatsoever. i.e. The media poll and coaches poll have no actual bearing any longer. The way the ranking/poll (CFP is all that matters in the end) works now isn't that complex guys.

Personally, I am glad they have taken the media pretty much out of the poll/team ranking business altogether when it comes down to it.

Sometimes you can validate your ranking by the way you lose. It's nice to see a poll that understands this.

Why exactly? That makes no sense whatsoever. i.e. The media poll and coaches poll have no actual bearing any longer. The way the ranking/poll (CFP is all that matters in the end) works now isn't that complex guys.

Personally, I am glad they have taken the media pretty much out of the poll/team ranking business altogether when it comes down to it.

To me the poll that is really worthless is the coaches poll. The coaches are so focused on their team that they really don't have time to pay attention to what is going on across the country.

To me the poll that is really worthless is the coaches poll. The coaches are so focused on their team that they really don't have time to pay attention to what is going on across the country.

I agree to a point, but the new poll seems to reflect the Coaches poll more than the AP.

My feelings depend on which poll is nicer to the Gophs.

Top Bottom