Anyone have tickets for sale for the Badgers game?

I need 4 on the 50 for the game. Should not be that hard to come up with. And don't let my screen name fool you. I am really a Badgers fan.

As I'm sure we can all agree... the thousands of Iowa or Wisconsin fans at Gopher football games has been a tough pill to swallow over the years. I used to wonder where all the Gopher fans went to hide during those games. Same for Viking/Packer games. Then one day a co-worker of mine told me something that has haunted me ever since. He is a Viking season ticket holder and each year he automatically ebay/craig's lists his packer tickets. He said he does so to make top dollar (he knows he'll get it) plus he doesn't have to put up with all the drunken cavemen from Wisconsin. Once he told me that, I figured many more probably do the same and the result is a neutral field on game day.

I'm guessing the 'hot ticket' nature of TCF Bank Stadium as well as fewer seats will do much to reduce that garbage but on the other hand I'm sure there are still plenty of season ticket holders willing to cash in on drunken 'sconnie rubes. Therefore, unfortunately there will still be plenty of bucky representation. I hope I'm wrong.

And Hogeyes for that matter in 2010. I have been saying all along we could see up 8-10,000 in Red on 10/3.

I had a friend who, for years, would place in ad in the Milwaukee paper to sell his tickets for Pack at Vikes. Year after year, without fail, he would get $700-$800 for the pair. His reasoning: It paid for most, if not all, of his season tickets....He took a lot of crap from other season ticket olders around him, but he was the type who didn't care.

And Hogeyes for that matter in 2010. I have been saying all along we could see up 8-10,000 in Red on 10/3.

yeah, we know bayfield, wisconsin guy. you have told us this something like 20,000 different times now. something tells me there is a bit more badger than gopher fan in you than you let on.

I had a friend who, for years, would place in ad in the Milwaukee paper to sell his tickets for Pack at Vikes. Year after year, without fail, he would get $700-$800 for the pair. His reasoning: It paid for most, if not all, of his season tickets....He took a lot of crap from other season ticket olders around him, but he was the type who didn't care.

IMO - this is the worst type of season ticket holder. they are a season ticket holder almost soley for the social aspect of it. seriously, what kind of real fan of any team would be okay with missing their biggest rivalry games year after year regardless of how much a fan from a rival team wants to pay you?! pretty lame if you ask me.

yeah, we know bayfield, wisconsin guy. you have told us this something like 20,000 different times now. something tells me there is a bit more badger than gopher fan in you than you let on.

Oh come on Bronko, that's lame. Just because you're a glass half full guy doesn't mean he's a closet Bucky fan. I wouldn't be surprised if he's right...extremely disappointed, but not surprised.

Guess what there Bonko. I don't look good in red. Real Gopher fans don't. I'm guessing you do.

Have some of your Mom's cookies and a glass of milk and call it a day.

quit fighting. its annoying and it happens on every board, lets just talk some gopher football.

Did someone really just question Bayfield's fan credentials? C'mon.

I had extra tickets to an iowa game a few years back and sold them a guy that swore up and down and sideways that he was a true Gopher fan. He was also a GH'er. When I got to the game...guess what? The seats that I sold to him were filled with iowa fans. So there you have it.

Well there is really no more I can say to you to change your opinion that I am really a Gophers fan, so whatever. I thought this would be a place to find tickets, talk gophers, and what not, but I guess this is just the place to come and be "Badgered" no pun intended.

If this is how you treat all newbies on this board, then I feel sorry for anyone that tries to come here and talk Gophers.

Guess I'll just stick to Vikings and Twins message boards.

See ya.

Vikeologist
Sorry in advance from us GH'ers who are here to talk Gophs.

IMO - this is the worst type of season ticket holder. they are a season ticket holder almost soley for the social aspect of it. seriously, what kind of real fan of any team would be okay with missing their biggest rivalry games year after year regardless of how much a fan from a rival team wants to pay you?! pretty lame if you ask me.

What if that is the only way you could afford your tickets in the long run?

Well there is really no more I can say to you to change your opinion that I am really a Gophers fan, so whatever. I thought this would be a place to find tickets, talk gophers, and what not, but I guess this is just the place to come and be "Badgered" no pun intended.

If this is how you treat all newbies on this board, then I feel sorry for anyone that tries to come here and talk Gophers.

Don't be like that man. You came here and posted for the first time inquiring about tickets to a big rivalry game, and people - including me - had the right to be a little suspicious of that. You've been exonerated on accusations of being a closet Badger fan as far as I'm concerned, as people have vouched and you seem legit.

If you had shown up here to "talk Gophers" as you say, you would have been warmly received I'm sure. This board is very welcoming to newcomers in general, you just happened to come in and strike on topic that's a raw nerve for a lot of people.

Jump into threads that are actually talking Gophers, not talking Gopher tickets, and I'm sure you'll find that (most of the) people here are down to talk Gophers with whoever.

Hey Guys! I am new here, just joined yesterday, but have been following for a couple of months.
I am a season ticket holder and would have a hard time selling to a non-Gopher fan.
And I also live out in the boonies...er...I mean western MN.

Top Bottom