Nebraska Trip

I saw this tweeted out today:

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I was not too fired up about another road trip so soon after the Illinois debacle, but slowly I am starting to warm up to a trip to a 55 degree Lincoln on Saturday. The ticket prices on the secondary market sites are dropping quickly, with seats available under $50, some very good seats.

The main issue is the hotel situation in Lincoln, and I do want to spend two nights in Lincoln, and do not desire a drive to Omaha after or before. There was deal out by the airport, and I may still pull the trigger, but I'd rather pay a little more and be in the Haymarket district for two nights. Unfortunately staying in the middle of everything will cost a lot more, not a little more on a game weekend.

The couch seemed appealing for Saturday, but this team has some grit, and may be due for another big win. Nebraska may be going in the other direction.

Guess I need to find a gold coat! Besides Misty's, is there a steakhouse anyone would recommend? Can't wait to get to Lincoln!

Guess I need to find a gold coat! Besides Misty's, is there a steakhouse anyone would recommend? Can't wait to get to Lincoln!

Two years ago, had a very good prime rib at Lazlo's - right around the corner from Brewsky's.

The Steakhouse is another very good steakhouse. Been around a long time. I believe you can still pick out your steak in the butcher case if you want.

Get some food at Phat Jack's. Delicious. Also the food at the stadium is not good. Stay away from Runza's too, it's name is that for a reason. Lazlo's has some good eats and brew their own beer. It's fairly close to the stadium too. Can't remember the bar I went to in 2012 but there was Nordeast there, which had to be drank and I was happy to do so.

End Zone 16 C | Row: 89 | Seats: 6,7

Agree on Phat Jacks. If you like really good competition quality BBQ , that's the spot. It's like the typical BBQ joint - not much atmosphere. You will want to go stuff yourself and then move on and hit the bars. If I remember right , it is fairly close to campus.

I am excited to hit the road tomorrow for this game....and unlike the rest of my life, I haven't done anything as far as planning goes, and don't plan to. NateDawg and Creepy Tony made all the plans. I just need to have my stuff and my cooler ready to go at 9am tomorrow. Love Gophers road trips. There's nothing like the Friday night of a road trip, it's always a blast!

I am excited to hit the road tomorrow for this game....and unlike the rest of my life, I haven't done anything as far as planning goes, and don't plan to. NateDawg and Creepy Tony made all the plans. I just need to have my stuff and my cooler ready to go at 9am tomorrow. Love Gophers road trips. There's nothing like the Friday night of a road trip, it's always a blast!

GL, will be having a tailgate with some Husker friends just south of the west end of the stadium. Would like to meet you and NateDawg, the lincoln high kid. Will start about 9:30. 402-430-0719 if you want to stop by.

We will be arriving in Lincoln around 3.00. Does anyone have recommendations for happy hour?

Anyone know the name of the good wing place? I was there 2 years ago but don't remember the name.

Pretty awesome I can no longer attend the game due to the the Michael Brown court decision and potential rioting ensuing here in Kansas City. I cannot hide how pleased I am.......

QUOTE=paulser21;975651]I'm a police officer in Kansas City.[/QUOTE]

Stay safe paulser. I wasn't expecting KC to be affected but I haven't lived here long enough to know any better.

Just wanted to share with other gopher fans how fan friendly this trip really is. Had a great time, met lots of great gopher fans and had half dozen Nebraska fans who went out of their way to make us feel welcome and thank us for coming to the game, even after we won they were gracious and lots of comments about what a great team and coach we have this year.

The whole area around the stadium is very walkable and lost track of all the different bars we hopped around from. The trip from the south metro took 6:30 hours (wife drives like a maniac) including a stop at Smokie D's BBQ in Des Moines which was a real treat on the way down and back.

Top Bottom