Worried about the PG.

So many assumptions in here. Wow.

It appears that breast-feeding his child has taken priority over honing his basketball skills. Not condemning him for having a child, it's just too bad he couldn't wait a few years.

Too frustrated to go through all threads like usual so this take has probably been put out there. He's really been disappointing but I don't think it's attitude or not trying. He's been scouted and I think a major part of Little Dre's problems is that opponents are taking away parts of his game. He goes in, they're in position, and he's not big enough to counter. Also, suspect they play off him more in certain spots because he's not a great shooter so it's easier to stop his drives. You've got much more of the offense going to Mo this year. That clogs things up too. Teams are also dropping back quicker in transition this year. Like people keep saying it's a combination of players not fitting together or fitting a system. There's not one cause of his problems--it's just mushroomed starting from being a new father. Now he's at the point where he's pressing big time.

Too frustrated to go through all threads like usual so this take has probably been put out there. He's really been disappointing but I don't think it's attitude or not trying. He's been scouted and I think a major part of Little Dre's problems is that opponents are taking away parts of his game. He goes in, they're in position, and he's not big enough to counter. Also, suspect they play off him more in certain spots because he's not a great shooter so it's easier to stop his drives. You've got much more of the offense going to Mo this year. That clogs things up too. Teams are also dropping back quicker in transition this year. Like people keep saying it's a combination of players not fitting together or fitting a system. There's not one cause of his problems--it's just mushroomed starting from being a new father. Now he's at the point where he's pressing big time.

Everyone says this, but save the last few games, it hasn't really been the case. His 3 pt% last year was quite good, yet he rarely shot them. He needs to do that more to keep teams from sagging in to stop penetration. I'd rather have Mathieu chucking up 3's than Morris.

Part of his struggles could be because of the deemphasis of the hand check fouls. last year it seemed whenever anyone would take it aggressively to the basket they would get a call, this year not so much. I think Deandre himself attributed his success and improvement to the brief rule change.

Top Bottom