Week 12: Other Games Thread

El Amin Fan

Reaction score
Some BIG games this weekend outside of Dinkytown.

Neb vs uw
Roll Tide vs Mississippi State
Da U vs Noles
War Eagle vs Georgia
LSU vs Winless Karma

Did you hear them just tear us apart during the USC game. "Gophers will finish 7-5 as they fold starting this weekend."

Can't wait to shut these morons up.

Did you hear them just tear us apart during the USC game. "Gophers will finish 7-5 as they fold starting this weekend."

Can't wait to shut these morons up.

Griese and Mark May were talking pretty positively about the Gophers prior to the game.

You can almost guarantee whoever said that won't say a word if we play well and win a few of these last games. But if we do go 0-3, they won't be shy to pound their chest.

I'm assuming it was Jesse Palmer.

Jesse and the other former player. Laying into how you can't count Minnesota as better than Buffalo (who was Baylor's big non conference game). Really?

Griese and Mark May were talking pretty positively about the Gophers prior to the game.

You can almost guarantee whoever said that won't say a word if we play well and win a few of these last games. But if we do go 0-3, they won't be shy to pound their chest.

So the exact same as a GopherHole poster? Only in reverse.

So the exact same as a GopherHole poster? Only in reverse.

You're comparing fans posting to their team's messageboard to these so called 'experts'?

I get that making predictions is part of the job of these guys on TV. It's just funny how they'll make 10 predictions, get one of them right, and only talk about that one, not the nine they got wrong.

You're comparing fans posting to their team's messageboard to these so called 'experts'?

I get that making predictions is part of the job of these guys on TV. It's just funny how they'll make 10 predictions, get one of them right, and only talk about that one, not the nine they got wrong.

The term expert was given by you and other GopherHole posters. I'd be willing to bet if you asked any of these journalists if they feel the they're 'experts' on predicting scores they'd laugh. They do these for fun, to generate conversation. I'd say GopherHole posters that take these predictions so seriously/personally should be the first to be the one's to offer up their admission when they get them wrong. Something about casting the first stone, or something.

The term expert was given by you and other GopherHole posters.

I'm assuming by your comment that you don't ever watch ESPN or read anything on the internet. The 'experts' part is not something random fans just made up. This took all of 20 seconds to find:

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/features/writers/expert/picks

They do these for fun, to generate conversation.

I agree, that wasn't my point. As I just said in my last post, I just find it funny how some will pound their chest for getting one right, when they got the other nine wrong. It's pretty rare for these guys to go on after a game and say how wrong they were. But when they went out on a limb, they have no problem letting everyone know how right they were.

I'd say GopherHole posters that take these predictions so seriously/personally should be the first to be the one's to offer up their admission when they get them wrong. Something about casting the first stone, or something.

I'd say you take things way too serious. It's a fan message board. It's almost like you're searching for things to just disagree with.

Anyways, no point in arguing, it's game time. GO GOPHERS!

Good start for Nebraska. Up 10-0 already.

Wisconsin continues to punt with their 3rd string QB for some reason.

So Ioaw beats Illinois 30-14, does this mean they have the fire power to beat Wisconsin and Nebraska? I know we own our destiny, but it can't hurt to have Ioaw beat one or both of those guys.

Wisconsin's offense may be more reliant on one player than we are. Gordon is phenomenal, the rest of the offense is not very good. Losing him is going to hurt a lot.

So Ioaw beats Illinois 30-14, does this mean they have the fire power to beat Wisconsin and Nebraska? I know we own our destiny, but it can't hurt to have Ioaw beat one or both of those guys.

If they beat both and we lose one, they win the division.

Gordon is incredible but Nebraska's rush D looks very shaky. We should have some success in the run game next week.

Gordon may reach 2,000 yards on the season today. He has 234 in the first half already.

TCU losing by 10 to Kansas in the 2nd half! Alabama all over Mississippi St.

well now I would like OSU to get into the playoffs.

wow wisky jsut got hosed on the PI call, pretty burtal.

Kansas just scored again on an incredible long reception along the sideline, back up 10. I'm not even going to try and explain it. Crazy play.

TCU back on top. Kansas is playing like the Gophers when did when Jeff Horton took over for Brewster.

Melvin Gordon with nearly 300 yards against Nebraska and only half way through the 3rd Quarter.

Melvin Gordon with nearly 300 yards against Nebraska and only half way through the 3rd Quarter.

If they continue to play well, I wouldn't be shocked if he wins the Heisman. His numbers are ridiculous. Prescott doesn't look good today and is overrated in my opinion.

NE just turned it over again. Abdullah is a fumble machine.

Melvin Gordon is playing out of his mind and Nebraska is self destructing...Abdulah is having a terrible game. The Wisconsin defense looks awesome as well. Watching these two duke it out I suddenly feel far better about our chances next week in Lincoln then I do about our chances in Madison.

Melvin Gordon is playing out of his mind and Nebraska is self destructing...Abdulah is having a terrible game. The Wisconsin defense looks awesome as well. Watching these two duke it out I suddenly feel far better about our chances next week in Lincoln then I do about our chances in Madison.

Agreed about our chances in Lincoln vs. Madison. Wiscy is embarrassing them right now. Gordon with 370 yards and 3 TDs.

Top Bottom