All things - Non-Gopher Freshmen (those who shall not be named)

Not very great performances by Tyus and Reid in the Duke vs. Stanford game

Tyus Jones: 3pts, FG 0-6, FT 3-4, 3 rebounds, 3 steals, 1 TO, 2 fouls

Reid Travis: 2pts, FG 1-7, 12 rebounds, 2 steals, 1 TO, 3 fouls

Glad we cooled on them.:cool02:

Off shooting night for sure. But if this is as bad as a gets, I'll take it.

I know it's early, but Rashad isn't exactly boosting his stock if he wants to be a one-and-done.

14.5 PPG on 33.9% FG, 26.3% 3FG, and 60.0% FT as UNLV has squeaked by Morehead St, Sam Houston St, and Temple while being crushed by Stanford.

The selfish Gopher fan in me feels better after seeing the early returns on him.

I will say that he plays very little defense and trevon Jackson took him to the hole every time he was guarding him.

I thought so, too. He stays out of foul trouble by playing very conservatively on defense.

You've got to try pretty hard to only have 2 fouls, one a charge, in Wisconsin against TrevorN Jackson while you're significantly smaller than he.
Decent perimeter defense, apathetic in traffic and on the boards. He does pick up quite a few boards by being around the ball and not leaking out however.

tyus just being tyus on national tv...led his team in points rebounds and assist vs a very good badger team...his assist to turnover ratio this year has been outstanding for a freshman
http://scores.espn.go.com/ncb/boxscore?gameId=400587822

Like others have stated, he really needs to work on his defense, but on the offensive end of the court, holy cow, amazing, and that is without standing out at what he is best at, setting others up with easy baskets.

Not gonna lie, I'm pretty glad unnamed Duke PG from Minnesota lit up the Badgers last night. Going to the game Saturday reminded me how arrogant Wisconsin fans have gotten. They needed to be brought down a little bit and hopefully last night accomplished that.

I know it's early, but Rashad isn't exactly boosting his stock if he wants to be a one-and-done.

14.5 PPG on 33.9% FG, 26.3% 3FG, and 60.0% FT as UNLV has squeaked by Morehead St, Sam Houston St, and Temple while being crushed by Stanford.

The selfish Gopher fan in me feels better after seeing the early returns on him.

He chose to go somewhere where he'll get the green light and have the ball in his hands. He's not shooting well but that's the path he chose as opposed to going somewhere else where he'd shoot less but also not be the focal point

Too bad for him. Sounds like is or was having a great year

Reid Travis out with stress fracture

ESPN reporting Travis out indefinately.

Linky

Stats as of 2/11/15 for anyone that is curious:

Tyus Jones: 31.5 minutes, 11.3 points, 5.3 assists, 1.4 steals, 43.4% FG, 39.5% 3FG, 86.8% FT
Rashad Vaughn: 32.3 minutes, 17.8 points, 4.8 rebounds, 1.3 assists, 43.9% FG, 38.3% 3FG, 69.4% FT (out with torn meniscus)
Reid Travis: 23.6 minutes, 6.7 points, 6.0 rebounds, 0.2 blocks, 46.3% FG, 47.6% FT (out with stress fracture)
J.P. Macura: 13.9 minutes, 6.0 points, 1.5 rebounds, 1.0 steals, 40.5%FG, 29.6% 3FG, 74.3% FT

Reid Travis has been playing lately, coming off the bench for limited minutes.

I always root against Stanford now, really hope they miss the tourney every year and Dawkins gets fired. They barely made it last year and look to be on the bubble again this year.

Stats as of 2/11/15 for anyone that is curious:

Tyus Jones: 31.5 minutes, 11.3 points, 5.3 assists, 1.4 steals, 43.4% FG, 39.5% 3FG, 86.8% FT
Rashad Vaughn: 32.3 minutes, 17.8 points, 4.8 rebounds, 1.3 assists, 43.9% FG, 38.3% 3FG, 69.4% FT (out with torn meniscus)
Reid Travis: 23.6 minutes, 6.7 points, 6.0 rebounds, 0.2 blocks, 46.3% FG, 47.6% FT (out with stress fracture)
J.P. Macura: 13.9 minutes, 6.0 points, 1.5 rebounds, 1.0 steals, 40.5%FG, 29.6% 3FG, 74.3% FT

Just think how we'd all be freaking out about being cursed if we had landed Vaughn and Travis.

Top Bottom