LSU vs Minnesota

what all of agreed that was a bad call. Which board did u go to?

Well yall got hosed on that call

Appreciate the sentiment; just par for the course.

It happens in sports. But in a situation like this where we're out of pitchers, we've missed on a few opportunities and then have the umps tossing our players after they blow an obvious call, it makes things a little tough to take. :eek::eek:

the one that lsu guy linked earlier.

I can't imagine what would happen to these umps had LSU been hitting and MN right fielder did that. these guys would of needed security to help them. LSU is pretty famous for getting alot of homecooking but I think that was just an incompetant umpires making a really bad call that basically eliminating any chance MN had of making this a game.

i saw one LSU fan laughing at my post about being satisfied that we had only given up 7 runs in the first four innings. I don't know if LsU fans understand just who they have faced so far this game. Bechstein and Ryan are basically our two worse pitchers and are mop up type guys who have really struggled this year. So when you consider who we have pitched, it's not too bad.

Actually, the RF'er didn't even try to sell it. If he was he would have thrown the ball to first after the "catch." He non-chanlantly threw it back to the 2nd baseman. He didn't even think they could blow that call. That was too bad. I highly doubt it makes any difference in the outcome but at least could have given the fans a little excitment with a mini rally maybe.

all on that board agree that it was a blown call. How do yall think you will do this year in football?

I'm not really sure how that makes us all asses, but I definitely understand your frustration. We had a similar situation in our regional last year where the blatant missed call could have easily cost us the game. Paul Mainieri was hooping and hollering like a child and I'm surprised he wasn't dismissed from the game. Your coaches and players kept their composure pretty well, all things considered. But what can you do.....

BTW Mitchell really didn't try to play it off like he caught it. He didn't hold his glove up or anything. He was just as surprised as anyone that it was called a catch. It's not like you can expect him to admit he missed it.....this isn't girls softball.

It was a blown call and the LSU board is Tigerdroppings.com

every board has its morons lol. What was the reasoning pitching Bechstein? I was wondering about that.

it wasn't in relation to the call, i think anybody with a brain understands how bad it was, it was reading the other 20+ pages of the thread. Just some stupid cheap shots and a general attitude that we didn't belong on the same field. Not a big deal.

We have been wondering the same thing on bechstein, I think he would of been the last guy any of us thought would be the guy to start tonight, especially when we have much better arms who have barely seen the field, a very, very curious decision and one I don't think I will ever understand.

Wow... 2 whole pages of posts on the game. You guys rock.

Great season, though!

LSU's fan site, tigerdroppings.com. 34 pages. Meh.. it's warm down here, so if we're not at the game, we're inside watching it or on the computer talking about it.

That's just how we roll.

:cool02:

i saw one LSU fan laughing at my post about being satisfied that we had only given up 7 runs in the first four innings. I don't know if LsU fans understand just who they have faced so far this game. Bechstein and Ryan are basically our two worse pitchers and are mop up type guys who have really struggled this year. So when you consider who we have pitched, it's not too bad.

Giving up 7 runs in 4 innings is on par to give up 15 or so in a game which is pretty terrible no matter who is pitching. To make fun of someone for being proud of that stat may be insensitive, but hardly unexpected.

When your player hit the home run, he got a nice applause.
When your pitcher was taken out.....applause.
When your second baseman made a nice play.....applause.

I really don't know what more you can expect.

Hosed

Y'all definitely go a raw deal on that non-catch in right field. Which also led to 2 people getting thrown out. That sucks and wish it had not have happened.

I went to the Friday night game between Minn/Baylor, and was pretty disappointed with Minn.'s play. They looked very tentative that night and looked horrible at the plate. However, they came back and played some pretty impressive games in the next 2. In my opinion, McCallum has been the MVP of the regional. That guys been awesome both at the plate and in the field.

Oh great...a whole new flood of tools....
I'd almost rather have the annoying sconnie whiners then these jerk offs...

What can you expect? one of your guys calls out our entire fanbase. Did you expect no replys?

Nice HR. Good game. Good luck to you in football season.

Thanks to all your fans for being classy in Baton Rouge. Congrats on a good season as well.

Mitchell just shook hands with the Gopher whose ball he "caught." They had a good laugh.

Yeh, I really called out your entire fanbase, give me a break, what a joke. And you guys are doing a great job of proving me wrong. Stay classy Baton Rouge. Good luck in the next round.

I actually don't find the LSU folks visiting too offensive, with the possible exception of the one veiled rip on us for only having TWO pages for a game thread. :rolleyes:

Other than that, I've heard that LSU folks tend to be more polite to visitors from the north than in some other places. And based on what I've seen here, nobody has been openly rude or disrespectful.

Anyhow, it was a good overall season. The blown call sucked and starting Bechstein was a real head-scratcher considering he's probably no. 5 or no. 6 in the rotation. But, what do you do? LSU was the better team and it showed.

JohnnyGopher

Finally went to the LSU board to see what they had to say about the catch and just as I thought, the baseball Tiger fans are as big of asses as the LSU Football fans.
;)

Mitchell just shook hands with the Gopher whose ball he "caught." They had a good laugh.

That was Derek McCallum, our All-American candidate. He's one heckuva of a good ball-player, which he showed this weekend. Good luck next week in the Super-Regionals.

Any team would be happy to have him on the roster. Props to him for a great regional. Batting over .400 with solid defensive play is almost unreal.

Wow... 2 whole pages of posts on the game. You guys rock.

Great season, though!

LSU's fan site, tigerdroppings.com. 34 pages. Meh.. it's warm down here, so if we're not at the game, we're inside watching it or on the computer talking about it.

That's just how we roll.

People make me laugh. LSU earned it. No need to make fun!!

You have a great baseball following, congrats!! 34 pages!! :rolleyes:

and I've seen nothing on that board or this one since to prove that wrong. If I had any interest in "calling out a fanbase" I would of bothered to post it on your board, instead i wrote it here. This has already begun to get stupid and I've been on the rivals board and seen how SEC fans bicker constantly and I apologize to fellow gopher fans for bringing this here. i take it back, LSU fans are the greatest, there, now you guys can move on.

One of the things that got folks hot under the collar around here was that he wasn't named Big Ten Player of the Year. Instead, that went to Ohio State's catcher, which caused quite a bit of discussion around the conference media members since McCallum posted much better numbers all the way around.

But yeah, he's turned in a great player for us. He's only a junior, but most folks seem to think that he'll get drafted high enough that he'll bolt for pro ball. Kind of sucks for us, but, that's the price you pay for having good players I guess...;):p

and I've seen nothing on that board or this one since to prove that wrong. If I had any interest in "calling out a fanbase" I would of bothered to post it on your board, instead i wrote it here. This has already begun to get stupid and I've been on the rivals board and seen how SEC fans bicker constantly and I apologize to fellow gopher fans for bringing this here. i take it back, LSU fans are the greatest, there, now you guys can move on.

Top Bottom