LSU vs Minnesota

But yeah, he's turned in a great player for us. He's only a junior, but most folks seem to think that he'll get drafted high enough that he'll bolt for pro ball. Kind of sucks for us, but, that's the price you pay for having good players I guess...;):p

We have the same problem with our hockey players.

That's the sport played on ice, you know.....ice....? And with a flat rubber thing called a puck....? It's kind of a big deal around here...

;););)

Seriously, though, good luck to you guys the rest of the way this year! :)

That's the sport played on ice, you know.....ice....? And with a flat rubber thing called a puck....? It's kind of a big deal around here...

;););)

I'm a Gopher fan. Maybe a case of mistaken identity??:confused:

I don't see who you wanted to start this game other than Bechstein...The only other option was Oakes and he has proved to be better out of the pen over the years

Obviously Handran, Rosin, and Buske had been used

Matyas and Rasmussen had pitched several times in the regional already

Ryan and Sexton are both short relievers that really only have one good pitch and couldn't get through the order more than once (and their pitch counts couldn't have been very high)

Fern had thrown about 40 pitches the day before against Southern

Lubinsky threw in the Baylor game earlier that day and warmed up for several innings so I'm sure his arm was done for the day.

Issakson and Klabunde did not make the 25 man roster for the trip

I believe thats everyone

;););)

I've tried explaining that to the LSU folks around here...college baseball and college hockey are the same thing: niche sports with very devoted, passionate fan bases where the sport matters. They don't realize that Louisiana is one of the very, very few places in the country where college baseball is even a blip on the radar. Even in places where successful college baseball teams exist - Florida, California - nobody pays any attention to the teams. Basically, it's the deep south and Omaha where college baseball matters. College hockey is the same thing - I doubt the sport ever catches on nationwide, but it's great to those who follow it.

I've tried explaining that to the LSU folks around here...college baseball and college hockey are the same thing: niche sports with very devoted, passionate fan bases where the sport matters. They don't realize that Louisiana is one of the very, very few places in the country where college baseball is even a blip on the radar.

Huh? In my experience, LSU folks are very well aware of this fact. They just don't like it and wish that it was more popular. Of course, if LSU's team wasn't very good LSU fans wouldn't care about it either.

In fact, it's pretty common knowledge (around here) that we're one of only a handful of programs that can actually support itself financially.

In 2005, Nebraska's last trip to the CWS, they came very close to breaking even for the season. I believe that year only 10 NCAA baseball programs supported themselves or made money. Nebraska averaged 6000+ that season including regionals and super regionals that averaged nearly 9000 a game. So you are right LA Gopher, LSU is one of a handful that can say that.

Huh? In my experience, LSU folks are very well aware of this fact. They just don't like it and wish that it was more popular. Of course, if LSU's team wasn't very good LSU fans wouldn't care about it either.

In fact, it's pretty common knowledge (around here) that we're one of only a handful of programs that can actually support itself financially.

I wish more of my co-workers were as aware as the LSU fans you know. Hell, I was watching an LSU basketball game late in the season, and the stat popped up that said LSU was the first school to reach double digits in SEC championships in the three major sports: football, men's basketball, and baseball. And I immediately thought to myself, "College baseball is a major sport?!?!" That's like Minnesota taking credit for wrestling being a major sport.

Top Bottom