Baylor vs Minnesota

It's kind of crazy to think about, but it seems like the turning point was that flipped ball into the stands by the Baylor left fielder. Since that play, the Gophers have just been flying while the Bears have been sagging.

It's amazing a kind of nutty play like that could have an effect like it has.

Been out running around all afternnon but had game on the radio, ran into Home Depot right after McCallum's double but took a little too long and missed Kvansnicka's home run, but did hear the huge eigth inning. What a comeback. Great job from Chauncy in eating innings.

McCallum just doubled in two more, I believe that's 7 RBI on the day, 87 for the year to pass Quinlann for the Gopher record.

a error by Baylor and 2 more run come home. 15-5 Minnesota.

Top of the 9th is over. 5 run inning for Minnesota again. 15-5 Minnesota. bottom of the 9th coming up.

The offense has been incredible the last few innings. Shows that baseball is a momentum game because right now, everything is clicking. Chauncy has been outstanding since one tough inning in the fourth and everybody is hitting the ball right now.

Hopefully, we can close this out quickly and get some rest because it sounds like it is blisteringly hot down there right now.

It's sad but a 10 run lead is never safe in college baseball

first four hitters all rip the ball and Baylor has a run and bases loaded, no outs, I know we don't want to go to the bullpen but I think chauncy has hit a big wall.

bases loaded for Baylor. pitching change for Minnesota.

Tried to go with Handran, but he ran out of gas. Not exactly surprising after 136 pitches and it being hot out. Lubinsky in and the radio guys are trying to figure out if Lubinksy will start the next game since he's pitching in this game.

The big thing now is just need outs. Don't care about score, just get three outs and move on to LSU tonight.

Now it's 15-11, seven straight hits for Baylor and still nobody out.

Yikes!!!!:eek::eek:

Bullpen has been in a funk. Lubinsky out, Rasmussen in and Matyas warming up.

this is not the way to end this game and get ready for LSU, now another single, maybe we won't have to worry about LSU at all.

I know we are not supposed to question Anderson but Chauncy should not of pitched the ninth, we have other arms like Ryan and Bechstein, who while not that good, at least we're fresh. Now we have to use Rasmussen and likely Maytas again.

Still have a four run lead but no outs and they are ripping the ball, this would be one of the most historic collapses in all of college sports so let's hope this ends soon.

Minnesota end Baylor season. 15-12 win. we move on to face LSU.

Wow, was that crazy, Baylor gets 7 in the bottom of the ninth but Gophers hold on to 15-12 win. Hopefully that doesn't carry over.

LSU is sitting in pretty good position and it would be a schock if the next game is close but what the hell. who knows what we will do for pitching. Lubinsky didn't look that good but still could go, Klabunde, Sexton, Fern. I guess try to get 2-3 innings out of all of them and see where the cards fall.

Ummm, a little speechless right now. All you can say is a win is a win is a win.:D

That was pretty nuts and the guys on the radio were beginning to get pretty nervous. I wasn't really nervous, just kind of dumbfounded by what occurred the past three frames, including the ninth.

All that being said, it's nice to move on and face LSU in the regional title game!!!

Also, congrats to coach Anderson and the guys on making it to 40 wins again.... (40-18 with at least one more to go).

Wow, was that crazy, Baylor gets 7 in the bottom of the ninth but Gophers hold on to 15-12 win. Hopefully that doesn't carry over.

LSU is sitting in pretty good position and it would be a schock if the next game is close but what the hell. who knows what we will do for pitching. Lubinsky didn't look that good but still could go, Klabunde, Sexton, Fern. I guess try to get 2-3 innings out of all of them and see where the cards fall.

I'm with ya Johnny. Not sure what we're going to do between now and 6 p.m. in terms of pitching. I tend to think it will be "all hands on deck." I guess we'll probably have to break it down into one or two inning segments and go from there.

Either way, it's nice to have won a couple of NCAA regional games and have knocked both Southern and Baylor out of the tourney.

Hopefully we fare a little better than Ohio State who is trailing Florida State 20-0 in the thinrd inning.

Hopefully we fare a little better than Ohio State who is trailing Florida State 20-0 in the thinrd inning.

Yeah, I just saw that score. HOLY MOSES!!!!!! Looks like it's been all or absolutely nothing for OSU down there:eek::eek:

I think it also points out two things, one is the biggest difference in most northern and southern teams is the depth of there pitching and number two is don't lose early in a tournament.

Against LSU's #3 starter and we're pretty fryed with the pitching. McCallum with four hits and seven RBI...keep it up. We'll need that again.

Give up seven runs in the bottom of the ninth and win.....who knew?

I completely agree. And to be perfectly honest, one of the reasons we did well this year was because we had three reliable pitchers, none of whom were overpowering or true No. 1's, but three guys who were reliable to start games every weekend and at least keep us in games.

I'm not sure Ohio State has three. I thought that Wimmers was really good and Wolosianski was decent. But after that, I didn't think their pitching depth was as good as ours is to be honest.

On the other side of the coin, you have LSU, who has a whole bunch of options behind their top two or three and seemingly has depth everywhere, which is why we get to face Coleman and they get to face a pitcher by committee. Again, that's just the difference between northern and southern teams as it stands today.

I don't think any Minnesota fans are expecting to beat LSU tonight, most of us are just hoping to keep it respectable. Even though the Big Ten advanced two teams to the regional finals, all most fans will remember is Ohio State giving up 24 against Georgia and this Florida state game. If we get crushed tonight, the perception will be very negative on the Big Ten even though i don't think OsU and MN did that bad considering where they we're placed, now indiana is a completely different story.

I don't think any Minnesota fans are expecting to beat LSU tonight, most of us are just hoping to keep it respectable. Even though the Big Ten advanced two teams to the regional finals, all most fans will remember is Ohio State giving up 24 against Georgia and this Florida state game. If we get crushed tonight, the perception will be very negative on the Big Ten even though i don't think OsU and MN did that bad considering where they we're placed, now indiana is a completely different story.

I agree Johnny, I want a respectable showing tonight, if its close anything can happen. OSU now down 31-0.

Indiana kind of had a meltdown based on what I read. I honestly thought they were going to be a pretty competitive No. 4 seed. I guess Arnett pitched pretty well in the opener, but the Hoosiers started kicking the ball around in the field. As for the second game, I'm not sure what happened. But with Arnett and Bashore, I thought they could at least give themselves a chance to win a couple of games.

I'm actually pretty happy with our showing overall. I would love to push LSU a little bit tonight, but it's an uphill climb to be sure.

Top Bottom