STrib: Skjei out at least two weeks with lower-body injury

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per the STrib:

Gophers hockey junior defenseman Brady Skjei will miss at least a few weeks with a lower-body injury, coach Don Lucia said on his weekly ESPN 1500 radio show on Monday night.

Skjei and senior forward Travis Boyd were both injured during last weekend’s series split with St. Cloud State. Boyd suffered a lower-body injury in Friday night’s 4-1 loss in St. Cloud and Lucia said he would miss about a month.

http://www.startribune.com/sports/blogs/281398771.html

Go Gophers!!

Is it a recent occurrence for college hockey to follow the NHL in the trend of using generic "upper-body injury" and "lower-body injury" terms? This is the first time I've noticed it.

More to the point, that sucks. Luckily I have enough confidence in the rest of our D corps that they can make up for his loss.

Is it a recent occurrence for college hockey to follow the NHL in the trend of using generic "upper-body injury" and "lower-body injury" terms? This is the first time I've noticed it.

More to the point, that sucks. Luckily I have enough confidence in the rest of our D corps that they can make up for his loss.

i've always noticed that it seems hockey uses the "lower body injury" type terminology at all levels. maybe it's just me though

Top Bottom