Attention Gopherhole Administrator - Fake JAVA update through Gopherhole

hungan1

Reaction score
Has anyone else seen this fake JAVA installer with urgent message to update JAVA? It looked like an official JAVA screen.

My Norton Security Suite has repeatedly blocked a malicious software attack on my computer. It only comes on occasionally at the start of Gopherhole Message Board.

fakejava1.jpg

fakejava2.jpg

Embarrassed to admit i fell for this. Ended up getting some serious malware and needed to reimage my computer.

Thanks for brining this to our attention. We will forward this on immediately.

Thanks for brining this to our attention. We will forward this on immediately.

You're welcome.

The attacker's URL: anpzle8ia2d.imjdgzh0.com
The attacker's IP Address: 176.31.150.20,80.

I don't know if the IP address is truly the attacker's, or if it belongs to some poor unsuspecting individual whose computer is used as a repository to launch attacks.

I forgot to mention I have changed my password to a longer more secure one. Use numbers, letters, and special characters.

I too have been getting this fake java install request along with other bogus redirects when logging on to the GH via laptop. Norton has also stopped some other bogus, unsolicited installation attempts. in the last few days when accessing GH via smartphone I have been getting hijacked to the app store to buy some apps.

GH is the ONLY site i am having any issue with and it is becoming more trouble than it is worth.

Section201, we have sent you a PM. Thanks.

Thank you.

I tried GH via my laptop just now and got a redirect to online24.checkerweb.com

Messages says, " The page at online24.checkerweb.com says there is a new Java Version. Install new version now for better performance."

I killed the chrome tasks and when I tried GH again it came up normally.

Top Bottom