Q&A: Rosemount RB Dimitri Williams Updates Recruitment on Heels of Big Senior Season

GopherHole Staff

GopherHole Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Q&A: Rosemount RB Dimitri Williams Updates Recruitment on Heels of Big Senior Season

By Chris Monter

http://www.gopherhole.com/news_article/show/442424?referrer_id=

Minnesota has two commitments from in-state senior lineman in Bronson Dovich of Chaska and Nick Connelly from Red Wing. However, linemen rarely get much consideration for Minnesota's Mr. Football Award, which is awarded to the top senior in the state.

There is not top-flight senior quarterback, so the award will likely be a two-man battle between RB Will Rains of Eden Prairie, who was featured in a recent Gopher Hole story and RB Dimitri Williams from Rosemount.

Williams has shown his offensive prowess throughout the year, especially when he scored all four touchdowns in Rosemount's 28-7 win over Lakeville South. He scored on a 57 and 27 yard touchdown reception and a one and two yard touchdown run.

Gopher Hole recently caught up with Williams to learn the latest on his senior season and recruitment.

Gopher Hole: What is the latest on schools you are hearing from right now?

Dimitri Williams: I am hearing from UNI, Minnesota, NDSU. Wisconsin has been sending me letters. Wyoming a lot. St Cloud University of Minnesota-Crookston. Augustana and a few other schools.

Gopher Hole: Any offers yet?

Dimitri Williams: No. Not yet.

Gopher Hole: Is that a little bit surprising because you had a great year last season and are doing well this year?

Dimitri Williams: I am not expecting an offer really quick. I have to work for what I want. I have got to earn it.

Gopher Hole: What camps did you get a chance to attend this past summer?

Dimitri Williams: I went to the Northern Colorado camp and I got hurt there. They said that when I got back to Minnesota, I had a broken pelvis. I came back a week later and it was a deep muscle bruise, so I couldn't participate in the Wyoming camp and then I went to the NDSU camp and the Minnesota camp.

Gopher Hole: Have you had a chance to go to any college football games this year?

Dimitri Williams: I went to the UNI game and St. Cloud State.

Gopher Hole: It looks like you got a little bigger from last year. What are you up to weight-wise?

Dimitri Williams: I think that I am still the same height (6-0). Before the season, I was at 185, from 170 last year, but I am pretty sure that I lost weight.

Gopher Hole: What position are most colleges looking at you playing?

Dimitri Williams: Slot. Basically slot back.

Gopher Hole: Rosemount passes the ball a decent amount, but you are known for having a great running game. Is it ever tough because you are a playmaker and you want to have the ball in your hands?

Dimitri Williams: It is probably tough for other teams to stop because we can run and pass, so they have to plan accordingly.

Gopher Hole: You had a great year last year, making it to the Prep Bowl. How does this year's team compare to last year's squad?

Dimitri Williams: It is really similar. We had a lot of defensive players that graduated last year, so we had to fill those spots. Most of our offense was returning. Our wide receivers and running backs and quarterback. We had to fill in some on the O-line.

Gopher Hole: How about your own individual play?

Dimitri Williams: I am pleased with what I have done. It's not just me, though. It is my team. They do most of it. They make the blocks. I just do what I have to, cut off whoever they are blocking.

Gopher Hole: What are you hearing from the Gophers?

Dimitri Williams: They sent me letters. They called my coaches. They called them about two or three weeks ago.

Gopher Hole: What would it mean to play Division I football?

Dimitri Williams: It would mean a lot. I would be honored if I could play DI football.

Gopher Hole: Have you had a chance to send out your film to any schools?

Dimitri Williams: That is all up to my coaches. My coaches have been sending my film out.

Top Bottom