Rochester Post Bulletin: Faceoff: Where do the Gophers go from here?

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per the Post Bulletin:

PHERSY: Feldy, I've had a few days to cool down after the Gophers football team's disgusting display against Illinois on Saturday. But I'll never cool down completely. Not only did the Gophers fail to step on the throats of a lesser opponent, they fell behind and then blew the game late. It was gross, a deplorable effort from a team that felt it had a chance to win the Big Ten a few minutes before game time. Where do we go from here Feldy? I certainly can't pencil in a win for ANY of the Gophers' remaining games.

FELDY: Saturday's game fell right in line with what we should come to expect as Minnesota sports fans. Teams tease us, build up hopes and expectations, then tip the bandwagon over and leave everyone wondering how we could have been so oblivious the team's flaws. The Gophers want to be a championship team. Wanting it and taking it are two different things. Championship teams don't score 3 points in a half against a team like Illinois. They don't go 4-for-16 on third downs. I guess it's time to book plane tickets for El Paso or Nashville.

http://www.postbulletin.com/sports/...cle_6690c718-c2ca-5aa3-962a-0c8a24e963f3.html

Go Gophers!!

Top Bottom