Blackout coming to the barn this year

I have to admit, in the past, I prayed they would never make black uniforms for this team, especially because of the aforementioned issue with Iowa. I've always disliked Iowa's uniforms, colors, corn, pigs, everything.

But these uniforms are pretty cool! If the guys like 'em then that's good enough for me. The embedded Williams design is more visible against the black than the gold or maroon, so thumbs up. Just two weeks to the opener!!!

My only small nitpick is that, if I were designing the uni's, I would've put a little maroon trim somewhere (doesn't even have to be that noticeable, but get maroon in there somewhere) just so nobody could say these are exactly the Hawkeyes colors.

This was exactly my position as well. There needs to be a bit of noticeable Maroon mixed in there, otherwise this whole outfit just looks a bit too close to Squawkeye trash. I do really like the sort of 'etched/shadow' effect of the Barn being on the jersey. That is very cool.

The cats out of the bag. Let's throw in some tie-dye while we're at it...

adult-rainbow-swirl-tie-dye-classic-t-shirts.jpg

Personally, I have no desire to wear Iowa colors. Black makes no sense for the Gophers uniforms, so we might as well go with tie-dye.

FWIW, the last time the team had alternate black unis was in 1996-97. Just saying.

Like the look of the new unis. Can we go back to wearing gold at home and move these black unis as our alt. And throw the white ones away?

They should have done this with the football team too. You know who's going to love the blackout more than anyone? Students. and the more students at the game the better the atmosphere. They need to do more things like this for all the teams. Have a blackout and a whiteout.

They look like wonderful practice unis. The kids can wear them everyday at the updated facility.

I like the black uniforms, I just wish the maroon outlines (if they are there, I couldn't tell) were a little more prevalent. To me, I don't feel like any team "owns" colors like black and white and they are both pair well with the schools maroon and gold. As Bad Gopher mentioned, we've already had a black alternate jersey in the past and we were pretty good then.

I like the black uniforms, I just wish the maroon outlines (if they are there, I couldn't tell) were a little more prevalent. To me, I don't feel like any team "owns" colors like black and white and they are both pair well with the schools maroon and gold. As Bad Gopher mentioned, we've already had a black alternate jersey in the past and we were pretty good then.

Iowa-Hawkeyes-Wallpaper.gif
033c0c97c769767a60d728d89b38e072.gif

Black is a Iowa Primary Color
White is an Indiana Primary Color. (they call it cream)

do we? The stands has everyone in the same color every game?

I guess I'll ask the question, is Pitino asking for a true "black out" or is he just putting the players in black?

I'm talking uniforms, we either wear mostly all white, mostly all maroon, mostly all gold

Not a fan. It's very late '90s, when everyone had black alternate unis. Plus, a blackout on TV won't pop very well; I'd prefer to see The Barn all gold for a big game.

Top Bottom