Blackout coming to the barn this year

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

Who is complaining? That's ridiculous. These are sweet. Not obnoxious and sleek looking. Nobody should have an issue using them for 1 game.

I like the jerseys a lot, and hope we use them sparingly throughout the year.

With that said, they are a bit Iowa-ish.

Wear them at home against Iowa and let them know what BLACK is all about.

GO GOPHERS!!!

Now is there some reason this won't work for the football uniforms?

Why can't we maroon out? Or gold out?

I like the uniforms. I'd like them even better if black was one of our school colors.

But I guess if Nebraska can do it. So can we.

I really don't understand the whole "it isn't one of our school colors" crowd (and your shtick is rather tiring IMO). Black isn't even really a color, it's a neutral. Do you also have a problem with the face mask and bumper on the football helmets? Or what about when Army wears camo uniforms? Don't get me wrong, everyone is perfectly entitled to your opinion but it's not like these are the new unis, just something special that will yet the players excited and probably help the program get a little extra attention.

I really don't understand the whole "it isn't one of our school colors" crowd (and your shtick is rather tiring IMO). Black isn't even really a color, it's a neutral. Do you also have a problem with the face mask and bumper on the football helmets? Or what about when Army wears camo uniforms? Don't get me wrong, everyone is perfectly entitled to your opinion but it's not like these are the new unis, just something special that will yet the players excited and probably help the program get a little extra attention.

If their face mask and or bumper on the football helmet covered their entire body yeah I'd have a problem with it not being a school color.

Why have school colors if you're not going to use them as a point of pride or to represent your university?

I get why we are doing this, it's what is cool and en vogue, but I still think we should do a Maroon or Gold out before we do a black out based on the simple fact that Maroon and Gold are our colors, black is not.

I think it's a great idea. The uni's are pretty cool looking.

My only small nitpick is that, if I were designing the uni's, I would've put a little maroon trim somewhere (doesn't even have to be that noticeable, but get maroon in there somewhere) just so nobody could say these are exactly the Hawkeyes colors.

My only small nitpick is that, if I were designing the uni's, I would've put a little maroon trim somewhere (doesn't even have to be that noticeable, but get maroon in there somewhere) just so nobody could say these are exactly the Hawkeyes colors.

That I can agree with. Who knows maybe there's maroon in the lettering on the front.

That would make it better. I like the gold, and think the uniforms are fantastic looking the way they are.

We kinda do... For every game

do we? The stands has everyone in the same color every game?

I guess I'll ask the question, is Pitino asking for a true "black out" or is he just putting the players in black?

I thought the same thing. Maroon shoes? Maroon shoe laces? Maroon mouth guards? Maroon socks?

It looks like the 1 is outlined maroon. It's subtle.

Top Bottom