What's Your Gut Telling You?

Gut feelings, huh,

1) The Gophers beat Iowa
2) They follow that up by getting blown out by tOSU
3) Cobb gets less than 200 rushing yards in the final 3 games, as the better teams will focus in the running attack and contain it.
4) Leidner doesn't become any better of a passer
5) KJ Maye continues his impressive play and Donavahn Jones starts becoming a consistent threat (in spite of Leidner's inaccuracies)

Ya think?

You're pretty pretentious for a poster who brings absolutely nothing in terms of an opinion. I don't know if I've ever seen you give an opinion other than complimenting or criticizing others'

My gut is telling me that we will split the two home games. We will pull it out against Iowa, it'll be close, but not as close as people are saying. Kind of like the Nebraska game last year. We'll follow that up with a game similar to the game last year against the BADgers, but higher scoring, however Ohio State comes away with the win. Then I see us going into the final two games and splitting those as well. Preferably getting The Axe from Them.

What will be interesting is to see if the gameplan looks like it has stewed for 2 weeks and is anything different. If our defense comes out and gives up 2 straight touchdown drives, we'll know the staff used the week off to take a week off. If the offense looks to surprise Iowa anytime in the game by running a Berkley Edwards sweep for -6 yards, we'll know the staff used the week off to take a week off.

My gut is telling me one of those 2 things will happen.

WOW! Ya, you're right, this staff doesn't work hard. What an ignorant post.

...If we win the turnover battle and play well on special teams we have a chance to overcome our offensive shortcomings and pull out a tight game in the 4th Quarter.

You're pretty pretentious for a poster who brings absolutely nothing in terms of an opinion. I don't know if I've ever seen you give an opinion other than complimenting or criticizing others'

Some guy..I come here to bull schidt and have fun.

If ya don't like it? Tough schidt. That, my friend, is an opinion.

Some guy..I come here to bull schidt and have fun.

If ya don't like it? Tough schidt. That, my friend, is an opinion.

I don't know "Some guy" but I agree in the sense that you have no problem coming down on others for having an opinion (and you add nothing) and then, once in awhile, decide to add your own opinion. At least keep it consistent, one way or another.

I could see this

Gut feelings, huh,

1) The Gophers beat Iowa
2) They follow that up by getting blown out by tOSU
3) Cobb gets less than 200 rushing yards in the final 3 games, as the better teams will focus in the running attack and contain it.
4) Leidner doesn't become any better of a passer
5) KJ Maye continues his impressive play and Donavahn Jones starts becoming a consistent threat (in spite of Leidner's inaccuracies)

My gut pretty much agrees with yours. #5 I don't know if Jones emerges but somebody on offense I think will pleasantly surprise us.
My gut tells me we can't beat wisconsin but I'd sure love to beat Iowa and Wisconsin to close out the regular season.

I don't know "Some guy" but I agree in the sense that you have no problem coming down on others for having an opinion (and you add nothing) and then, once in awhile, decide to add your own opinion. At least keep it consistent, one way or another.

Let's not pat ourselves on the back too hard for being consistently a malicious spewer of bile. If Dr. Don was so weak that comments from you and Some Guy that he changed, I'd be chagrined. IMHO DD is in my top 10, for sure, favorite posters and makes coming here fun. Go DD!

My gut says this team has shown me enough to be remain really optimistic about the rest of the season. Some teams peak early, and that can be bad. I think we have shown the capability to be a really good team in every phase and trust the experience of the staff to groom this squad for the challenges that lie ahead. I'm confident with what's at stake and the rivalries that we will play with great intensity in the last four games. I believe the bye week will help us hone our execution and that will manifest on the field. The only factor I'm not confident in is the luck factor -- bounces and official's calls. The opponents are formidable enough that we need some breaks to go 4-0 and I'm going to channel as much positive energy that even if we get a bad breaks that we won't panic.

I might be the only one that feels this way, but I feel better about the passing game after Purdue and Illinois. Leidner & Co finally started to stretch the field and without this, the Gophers would be in big trouble the last four games. That being said, Iowa dominated the line of scrimmage against the Gophers the past two years. I am hoping that this year it's flipped or at least even. If I see Weisman for Heisman rumbling downfield for 20 yards repeatedly again this year I might lose my mind (what little of it I have left).

Dr Don makes it fun and he can drink more Blatz than any of you posers.

Here's the difference between being surprised and being disappointed. I would be disappointed if the Gophers lost all 4 remaining games - but I would not be surprised. Don't get me wrong - I expect the Gophs to win at least 1 of the final 4 games - but the margin of victory for this team is very narrow, in my opinion. The Gophers just don't have the athletes to overcome Turnovers, penalties, and missed assignments. If they execute, they can win. If they don't execute, they won't win. That simple.

My gut is telling me it's time for lunch...

Let's not pat ourselves on the back too hard for being consistently a malicious spewer of bile. If Dr. Don was so weak that comments from you and Some Guy that he changed, I'd be chagrined. IMHO DD is in my top 10, for sure, favorite posters and makes coming here fun. Go DD!

Strongly agree. Thank you and thanks to DD, who accomplishes his objective through tone and an economy of words.

oOo... I bet I know who didn't make your top 10.

This guy.

Can we get a weekly post on killme's top 10? If he's gonna put one together, we would simply be rude if we didn't ask for it to be posted. We can just combine it with the Pick the Score thread so as not to clutter the board. The final 4 will be a playoff of who can nitpick and question someone's fandom the most over a 2 week time period. Sounds like something we can all put some money down on.

yes, this

Here's the difference between being surprised and being disappointed. I would be disappointed if the Gophers lost all 4 remaining games - but I would not be surprised. Don't get me wrong - I expect the Gophs to win at least 1 of the final 4 games - but the margin of victory for this team is very narrow, in my opinion. The Gophers just don't have the athletes to overcome Turnovers, penalties, and missed assignments. If they execute, they can win. If they don't execute, they won't win. That simple.

This expresses my thoughts very well.

oOo... I bet I know who didn't make your top 10.

This guy.

Can we get a weekly post on killme's top 10? If he's gonna put one together, we would simply be rude if we didn't ask for it to be posted. We can just combine it with the Pick the Score thread so as not to clutter the board. The final 4 will be a playoff of who can nitpick and question someone's fandom the most over a 2 week time period. Sounds like something we can all put some money down on.

It's okay to admit you will be extremely jealous when you're not on the top 10 list. You don't have to downplay it. ;)

No worries. You are in a select group of 10 -- the one you seem to strive so hard for.

So is that a no on the ranking game? I mean, I don't expect you to beat dpo at nitpicking and name calling, but I would have put some cash on you if the odds were right.

I'm feeling 4 straight losses then a win over a crappy team in a bad bowl. That's what Gopher football is all about.

My gut says we beat Iowa and Wisconsin.

Right on. I've been saying this since before the season and I'm sticking to it. Of course I had us beating TCU and IL too, so.......

Top Bottom