Lofton Dismissed Due To Not Meeting Expectations and Obligations Of Team

So now we don't have any NBA-ready bodies on the team?

You guys knew I was complimenting Martin, right? I can't tell lol. When I said heavier, I meant the good kind of heavy.

You guys knew I was complimenting Martin, right? I can't tell lol. When I said heavier, I meant the good kind of heavy.

Absolutely, the guy is a Rodney Williams with PF size.

Lofton had a scholarship, and a chance to do things right. He lost it, due to his ignorance. Screw him...let's move on and let Coach P do what he has to do.

Definitely. I just couldn't pass up the opportunity to call a guy who's bigger, faster, and stronger than I am a "fatty"

Definitely. I just couldn't pass up the opportunity to call a guy who's bigger, faster, and stronger than I am a "fatty"

I normally call a guy who is bigger, stronger and faster than I, "Sir".

Seems pretty reasonable to me IF the speculation is correct. He got the opportunity to move up to the B1G & play at home, but he had baggage. Coach told him he'd take a chance on him, but he'd expect him to be a leader to the younger guys & have a positive attitude. ZL comes in, shows some crappy body language, gets called on it publicly, then is caught clubbing with NBA guys. Not the behavior they had discussed prior to the transfer. Nip it in the bud. He gone.

I'm now thinking CRG was the fly on the wall in Pitino's office and this is exactly what went down. Pitino gives ZL an opportunity at Minnesota and asks him to use his age, experience and abilities to lead by example. Quid pro quo. ZL reneges...end of story...so sorry.

I'm now thinking CRG was the fly on the wall in Pitino's office and this is exactly what went down. Pitino gives ZL an opportunity at Minnesota and asks him to use his age, experience and abilities to lead by example. Quid pro quo. ZL reneges...end of story...so sorry.

Amelia mentions arguing with teammates in her story. If that happened with any frequency that's no fun for anyone to be around waiting for the next conflict/crisis. It seems unlikely that was a one time thing. I don't know the number but hasn't ZL played basketball (at least practiced) at like 7 schools? Most guys are two (one HS, one college), some at 3, a few at 4 maybe but whatever the ZL number he's beyond 4...so it shouldn't be surprising should it that he's off to another school as a junior? (or will it be as a senior?)

Diedhiou was at the scrimmage watching. He's studying English. Not sure if he passéd the test yet but since he cleared the NCAA and the only reason he was rejected from the U was because of his English, he won't have any problem learning English in Minnesota. I feel pretty confident that he'll be practicing with the team in January. My guess is he'll burn his redshirt and be a RS-Freshman next year.

Thanks for the post, was wondering if he was there.

Just noticed that Lofton is still tweeting Gopher stuff (his profile is decked out in UofM stuff) and it looks like he's working out in the team gym. Any chance he's getting a second chance here, or are the coaches just letting him work out in the gym to stay in shape?

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<"Any chance he's getting a second chance here, or are the coaches just letting him work out in the gym to stay in shape?"

100% chance it's the latter.

If Lofton is at the U when the 2nd semester starts in January, I'll guess the former.

It wouldn't be the first time a coach boots a guy off a team, gives the player a chance to re-evaluate what's important to him, then reinstates him after several months of (presumably) impeccable behavior.

If Lofton is at the U when the 2nd semester starts in January, I'll guess the former.

It wouldn't be the first time a coach boots a guy off a team, gives him a chance to re-evaluate what's important to him, then reinstates him after several months of (presumably) impeccable behavior.

teach him a lesson by not making him work when he's not eligible to play anyway.

I think it would be in his best interest to finish off his paid year strong,try to get back on the roster even if you gotta pay for a year.With the Day-Day situation I think its more plausible.

Lofton who is a guard shot 33% from the floor last year and 29% from three point range. MN Mankato or Winona St is more his game.

Top Bottom