Gopher's lids for Iowa game

Not a fan of this look. Also means they will probably wear the white pants again. Yuck.

Oh boy, you got me. You saw right through me thinking they look bad and finding it kind of wrong to turn our nations flag into a tacky fashion accessory to slap on a helmet a helmet to see I'm actually a secret Badger fan who hates our troops. Fine detective work there, Lou.

If you think violating United States Flag Code which say, "The flag should not be used as part of a costume or athletic uniform, except that a flag patch may be used on the uniform of military personnel, firefighters, police officers, and members of patriotic organizations," is an appropriate way to honor our heroes though then good for you i guess.

I agree. It's tacky and very overplayed. It's less about patriotism and more about marketing to wanna be GI Joes who never joined the service but have no problem screaming at you for being unpatriotic if you find stuff like this stupid.

Also, there is no need for the national anthem to be sung before sporting events. There, I said it.

First, the gold helmets are awesome, second, these honoring our heroes, is even more awesome. Perhaps you belong over
at buckyville with the rest of the vadgers..

Tough guy. Personal experience, based on your response, you spend a disproportionate amount of your income on an automobile and are stupid.

Tough guy. Personal experience, based on your response, you spend a disproportionate amount of your income on an automobile and are stupid.

Ha, look who's talking big guy... I bet you typed really hard on your keyboard when you wrote that.

*edit* I saw your from California, you probably would've broken a nail if you did that...

If you think violating United States Flag Code which say, "The flag should not be used as part of a costume or athletic uniform, except that a flag patch may be used on the uniform of military personnel, firefighters, police officers, and members of patriotic organizations," is an appropriate way to honor our heroes though then good for you i guess.

Not gonna argue that, as a veteran myself (contrary to what pinko insinuated) code of our flag is misused all day long, even in our military and government. Schools across the country do this
in their way to show honor to our troops. I'd rather have our home University keep up with it rather than.... Cal-berkely, who'd just throw dog sh*t at our troops instead.

Which would you chose? Pretty surprised...and ashamed by some of the reactions on here from my fellow Gopher fans. This was the same reactions last year to this, and it's pretty humiliating.

Ha, look who's talking big guy... I bet you typed really hard on your keyboard when you wrote that.

*edit* I saw your from California, you probably would've broken a nail if you did that...

*you're

That right there likely proves I'm right.

Oh goodie......another quality thread filled with argument from a poster that zero people like in maroonedinCA!

*you're

That right there likely proves I'm right.

cf240392aaf096fe768fae90e39207c6d52bf5220f2f2e8d04ee04b67ca845d9.jpg

I agree. It's tacky and very overplayed. It's less about patriotism and more about marketing to wanna be GI Joes who never joined the service but have no problem screaming at you for being unpatriotic if you find stuff like this stupid.

Also, there is no need for the national anthem to be sung before sporting events. There, I said it.

There is no need for a lot of things that I do as a sign of respect. There is no need for me to wait to eat while friends of different faiths say grace, but I do it anyway. There is no need for me to turn down the radio on my car when I drive by a cemetery, but I do it anyway. There is no need for me to stand and remove my hat when they are presenting the colors or singing the national anthem, but I do it anyway. On game days, I get so worked up about my own stuff and my sports team and my tailgating, I think it gives a nice moment for me to reflect that a lot of what I have in this world in terms of individual liberty and the opportunity to seek employment in my chosen field come from people who have risked and often given their lives so that I may have it. If I can take a minute out of my day to show them the respect they deserve and to remember what it is they have sacrificed, I am happy to do so, because as you pointed out, I never joined the service and never had to give what they give.

Not a fan of this look. Also means they will probably wear the white pants again. Yuck.

Oh crap. Didn't think of that. Maybe we can go all maroon? I do not like the white pants at all.

Top Bottom