Texas A&M's 1939 Throwback unis bring back leather helmets

Unregistered User

Wild animal with a keyboard
Reaction score
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Championship style meets innovative speed.
Introducing our 1939 Throwback TECHFIT uniforms.
<a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/12thMan?src=hash">#12thMan</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/teamadidas?src=hash">#teamadidas</a> <a href="http://t.co/LcrDfMxJyM">pic.twitter.com/LcrDfMxJyM</a></p>— Texas A&M Football (@AggieFootball) <a href="https://twitter.com/AggieFootball/status/527459923245166592">October 29, 2014</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I am usually not a fan of some of these uniform combos that come out these days but I actually think those helmets look pretty cool. Hopefully the uniform that goes with them is not some massive departure from their standard uniform.

And I was proposing that for a Gopher helmet awhile back. Though I was seeing a kahki or light gold color that would look more like real leather.

They must have gotten a sneak-peak at my new uniform designing website. wwwdesignby19.com.

And I was proposing that for a Gopher helmet awhile back. Though I was seeing a kahki or light gold color that would look more like real leather.

They must have gotten a sneak-peak at my new uniform designing website. wwwdesignby19.com.

I will be at that game this Saturday in Aggieland. I'll try to give you my impressions afterwards.....

Those are so ugly. Mock leather? Come on.

I will be at that game this Saturday in Aggieland. I'll try to give you my impressions afterwards.....

The next one I am working on is a wood grain helmet......maybe with a surfboard decal on top.

I think these are going to be dangerous. They will have "grab" to them. Helmet to helmet contact could result in more twisting. Hope they practice with them first.

Gophers should get some grainy black and white uniforms for their throwbacks to match the pictures from our glory days! :p

And you haven't contacted me for the hookup because why?

Hi TexasAggie11.....lol......its been crazy, and all I can do just to get my family there!

I expect to show up at the tailgate of old family friends on Spence Park right where the sidewalk from the
pexy's house meets the road on the SE corner of Kyle Field. I'll be in the new south stands, which a buddy of mine helped build.

The weather should be awesome!

Hi TexasAggie11.....lol......its been crazy, and all I can do just to get my family there!

I expect to show up at the tailgate of old family friends on Spence Park right where the sidewalk from the
pexy's house meets the road on the SE corner of Kyle Field. I'll be in the new south stands, which a buddy of mine helped build.

The weather should be awesome!

Are you coming in tomorrow for yell?

Are you coming in tomorrow for yell?

Can't make Yell.....I have kids who will be trick or treating in Pearland.......

Midnight Yell on Halloween......talk about a nutty atmosphere! Better take some video!

Can't make Yell.....I have kids who will be trick or treating in Pearland.......

Midnight Yell on Halloween......talk about a nutty atmosphere! Better take some video!

Too bad. Next time you make it in for a yell I will see about getting you the vip entrance experience.

My boss, who is also '85, is tailgating very near y'all, so I may pass right by when I am making my rounds of Spence.

Scott (and Debbie) C. I also know Rusty T. from '85.

Scott & Debbie are my friends. I went to HS with Scott, and then was at A&M at the same time. I plan on stopping by
their tailgate, provided I can get my family out the door, parked, and over (always a wild-card). They also tailgate with
the family of my HS girlfriend (who has sadly passed). My name is Steve, btw, so hopefully I'll meet you there.

Great. How am I going to recognize Texas A&M on the TV now if they are not wearing their normal uniforms? :rolleyes:

My sympathies. :p

I will make it up to you somehow if you manage to dig up any awkward high school photos of Scott.

LOL.....let me work on that!

It was great finally meeting you today. We hooked back up at the Tailgate after the game.

Top Bottom