U of M Ranked 29th!

I'm alright with that, people will wait and see if this loss was an aberration or if it's who the Gophers are. If we lose against Iowa in two weeks, the bottom drops out as most won't see another win this year.

It's not about football.

I'm alright with that, people will wait and see if this loss was an aberration or if it's who the Gophers are. If we lose against Iowa in two weeks, the bottom drops out as most won't see another win this year.

I'm not sure if US News & World Report is taking a single football game into consideration with their rankings, especially in a data set including Universities around the world :D

Go Gophers!!

Is there a link that anyone knows of that shows the whole rankings? Didn't appear to be one in the article..

Here you are, my good man. http://www.usnews.com/education/best-global-universities/rankings?int=9cf408

I didn't go into the methodology but sort of weird how the US order in this ranking doesn't reflect the order when they do their best US Colleges/Universities.

12.5% of the ranking is from "global reputation." A full 25% of the ranking is based on reputation alone, which is a matter of perception that is slow to change over time and only hurts rising research universities and benefits the Ivies.

This is a ranking that should be meaningless to anyone considering an undergraduate education. It speaks of nothing about teaching, student services, costs, or job placement. It's all about how much you publish and how many PhDs you grant. The only consumer of this report should be a prospective doctoral student or an up-and-coming faculty member.

That being said, 29th is a pretty badass ranking (especially since the top 10-15 are going to always be there by default), congrats.

Yet another reason to be a proud U of Mn Alum!

Would this be a good talking point when negotiating my next raise?

Wiscy's 27th? Are rampant alcoholism and sports fan ******baggery part of the criteria for making the list? Obviously, the ability to spell isn't high on the list.

iccSg.AuSt.156.jpeg

Bv_WXSaCMAAm5GS.jpg

Top Bottom