MN Daily Column: Barring miracle, Gophers can kiss Big Ten championship game goodbye

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per the Daily:

Not many people realistically thought the Gophers would lose just one game this season. But even fewer envisioned Illinois defeating them.

The chance for a spot in the top 25 is nearly gone, and Minnesota now moves on to face four of the Big Ten’s toughest teams: Iowa, Nebraska, Ohio State and Wisconsin.

Two of those games are on the road, and two of the teams currently rank in the top 25 in the country.

Barring some form of a miracle, Gophers’ fans need to severely temper their expectations for the rest of this season and beyond.

http://www.mndaily.com/sports/2014/...rs-can-kiss-big-ten-championship-game-goodbye

Go Gophers!!

I think Al Michaels said it best in regard to miracles.

"Do you believe in Miracles!"
Lake Placid, 1980

Barring some form of a miracle, Gophers’ fans need to severely temper their expectations for the rest of this season and beyond.

Lose to Illinois and the expectations for 2015 need to be re-examined?

Uh, OK.

I agree that based on what we learned at Illinois we should definitely not expect to win the division. But from a practical perspective, we likely need to win the exact same games we already needed to win (i.e. we can still lose to OSU and that's it)

I agree that based on what we learned at Illinois we should definitely not expect to win the division. But from a practical perspective, we likely need to win the exact same games we already needed to win (i.e. we can still lose to OSU and that's it)

Agreed. If we want this division, we are going to have to win it the old-fashioned way (by actually beating the teams we are trying to finish ahead of, not just hope they have some bad losses and knock each other off so we can back in).

Top Bottom