STrib: Lots of personality on this year's Gophers squad

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per the STrib:

I remember media day pasts in which the players essentially stayed seated for the full hour at their individual chairs, stationed around the raised court at Williams Arena. Tuesday required running a player down, at times, especially near the end, when there were a lot of dunks and three-pointers and laughing happening.

Mali native Bakary Konate might be one of the happiest individuals I've ever met. Fellow freshman Josh Martin was a treat on everything from his summer and the team to his thoughts on Minnesota and how funny he thinks he is.

"They'll be more fun for you guys, I guess," coach Richard Pitino said to the media at Tuesday's press conference. "We always get complaints that they're not fun enough. Josh will be entertaining, certainly. Bakary, every time you speak to him, he tries to prove he can speak English, so he speaks for like five paragraphs."

http://www.startribune.com/sports/blogs/280310892.html

Go Gophers!!

Check out Pitino's twitter feed for some Very nice renovations to Williams that are now complete. Love the ideas from the athletic department. Making efficient upgrades to facilities.

Top Bottom