Which Scenario is more likely?

• Win 2 of the next 4 to finish Big Ten Season 5-3

Votes: 38 43.7%
  • Lose next 4 to finish Big Ten Season 3-5

Votes: 49 56.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

I just do not get it. I think the Gophers will finish 8-4. Yes if you judge off of the Illinois game we probably go 6-6 but what about the NW game or even Michigan then that is probably 7-5 or 8-4. You people cannot honestly expect the same gopher team every week. If were judging off of one game then our record after the Michigan game last year would have been 5-7 but you know what the gophers improved and came out stronger from that game and won. I think Kill will get them ready and we will see a different team than Illinois, the winning gopher team, against at least 2 more opponents and get those wins. This is an inconsistent gopher team. If you think the gophers have played the same every game as they did at Illinois then they would not have beat NW or even Michigan maybe not even Purdue. What if ask you what is most likely to happen based off the NW game or the TCU game? Michigan game? outcomes would probably change. People need to realize that performance against Illinois is not the only performance the gophers have shown throughout the season, they have shown stronger. It was weak game but the Gophers do have strong games. I think we will see 2 more strong games out of this gopher squad. They have it in them.

I just do not get it. I think the Gophers will finish 8-4. Yes if you judge off of the Illinois game we probably go 6-6 but what about the NW game or even Michigan then that is probably 7-5 or 8-4. You people cannot honestly expect the same gopher team every week. If were judging off of one game then our record after the Michigan game last year would have been 5-7 but you know what the gophers improved and came out stronger from that game and won. I think Kill will get them ready and we will see a different team than Illinois, the winning gopher team, against at least 2 more opponents and get those wins. This is an inconsistent gopher team. If you think the gophers have played the same every game as they did at Illinois then they would not have beat NW or even Michigan maybe not even Purdue. What if ask you what is most likely to happen based off the NW game or the TCU game? Michigan game? outcomes would probably change. People need to realize that performance against Illinois is not the only performance the gophers have shown throughout the season, they have shown stronger. It was weak game but the Gophers do have strong games. I think we will see 2 more strong games out of this gopher squad. They have it in them.

Except it isn't just one game. It is a 1 point victory at home over Purdue when we were a double digit favorite. It is a sloppy victory over Northwestern where we needed a 100 yard kick return to finally pull ahead. It is a slate of creampuff non-conf opponents that we beat but didn't look overly impressive against. The Michigan game is the one time where things really seemed to come together and as much fun as it is to beat Michigan this is not a great Michigan team this year.

I said before I still like our chances against Iowa but as things sit right now a lot has to change before I would feel overly confident against any of those final 3. Anything can happen and I can certainly see this team winning 2 or more of those final 4 but given the two choices and looking at our season to date it is unfortunately easier to see us losing out then it is to see us pulling the upsets right now.

Except it isn't just one game. It is a 1 point victory at home over Purdue when we were a double digit favorite. It is a sloppy victory over Northwestern where we needed a 100 yard kick return to finally pull ahead. It is a slate of creampuff non-conf opponents that we beat but didn't look overly impressive against. The Michigan game is the one time where things really seemed to come together and as much fun as it is to beat Michigan this is not a great Michigan team this year.

I said before I still like our chances against Iowa but as things sit right now a lot has to change before I would feel overly confident against any of those final 3. Anything can happen and I can certainly see this team winning 2 or more of those final 4 but given the two choices and looking at our season to date it is unfortunately easier to see us losing out then it is to see us pulling the upsets right now.
Yeah this is a good answer. Our chances of losing 3 of our last 4 are big right now after the Illinois game but I believe those chances will change after the Iowa game. After we beat some Hawkeye butt! This is a wake up call. Minnesota will come out against Iowa and play very good knowing the history of how they can be inconsistent in different weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom