Votes: 38 43.7%
  • Lose next 4 to finish Big Ten Season 3-5

Votes: 49 56.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sparlimb

Reaction score
Obviously anything can happen in the next 4 games, but of these two options, which is more likely?

Ladies and Gentlemen..... were a 6 win team. Detroilet Bowl.

I'll bet everything I have, that we will not win another, this coaching
staff is just far too arrogant and stubborn.

If a magic genie offered you that we would win one more big ten game this year, or else you could leave it to chance, which would you take?

If a magic genie offered you that we would win one more big ten game this year, or else you could leave it to chance, which would you take?

I'd take the 1 win. In a heartbeat. That would mean either winning another trophy game, or beating OSU or Neb. 6-6 is the likely scenario.

I think we win vs Iowa, but lose the last three.

If you ask me now, I say we lose the last four by an average of 17 points per game. But I'm also raging and drunk.

I think the 4-loss close is more likely of the choices. Having said that, I think we have one more win this season to close 7-5. Not sure which game, but I think there's one more out there.

It's great to see the lineup of diehard pessimists in one thread so we can keep track of you

This was a stinker, but teams have those every now and then. Just the way it goes. I'm not going to roll up in a ball because the team lost a game it should have won. This is our VA Tech game.

Is it possible Illinois isn't as bad as Eastern Illinois? Yes.

I'm going to be optimistic and say we bring home the last two trophies and fill the case. This isn't the end of the world.

If you ask me now, I say we lose the last four by an average of 17 points per game. But I'm also raging and drunk.

i hope you are joking. because if not, i feel sorry for you.

It's ok to be critical after this loss, but how are they arrogant and stubborn?

Certain folks on here predicting 6-6 were predicting 9-3 last week and 2-10 after TCU. If we play like we did today we go 6-6 but things change fast in CFB. We have talent and coaching. I still think we go 2-2 to end the season. Floyd + Axe. 8-4.

We have a shot at Iowa, but the others, especially Ohio St and Nebraska, could be brutal.

Certain folks on here predicting 6-6 were predicting 9-3 last week and 2-10 after TCU. If we play like we did today we go 6-6 but things change fast in CFB. We have talent and coaching. I still think we go 2-2 to end the season. Floyd + Axe. 8-4.

I thought you were the 13-1 guy.

I will take this bet. What do you have?

They'll finish better than 6-6. I think these Gopher team has some gas left in the tank.

I am not going to quite give up on them. I have waited four decades to see a winning team, and I'll be damn if I give up now.

(My doc keeps telling me to be kind to my liver. I am not giving up beer quite yet either. :cool02:)

The way Wisconsin is running it again I think that's a tough match up for us this year, too much youth up front on D. We have been exposed in that area a few times this year and that plays perfectly to Wisconsin's strength. I think we have a shot to beat Iowa, and dare I say Ohio State. Play them at home, and I think that those two teams may be the less physical of the last four.

I suspect the bye week will help us get hungry. Win or lose, i still watch because god damnit, i love the gophers.

I still think we have a very good chance to beat Iowa but I don't like our chances in any of the last three right now. We are relying on a lot of true freshman on the D-Line and they are going to hit a wall (may have already) with the longer more intense season. Cobb looks like he might finally be showing some of the wear and tear that comes with all those carries and the simple reality is that if we are struggling with the Northwestens, Purdues and Illinois of the conference we are going to really have a tough time against the Buckeyes, Huskers and Badgers especially since those last two are on the road. Would like our chances of going 2-2 far more if the Wisconsin game was here.

Very hard to say but we have the potential to be competitive in all of the games which is refreshing ot me even after a couple of poor performances. Regarding the youth on the DL, we could play Botticelli more and Stelter less I think that helps. He's getting his feet wet but has a ways to go. I think we can hold up against the run, but when i re-watched the game today I couldn't believe the lack of intensity on D in the first half would have sworn after last week we would have came out spitting tacks. Our offensive philosophy helps against the weaker teams, hurts against the better teams unless we can pass block and hit open receivers. Bit question marks and our ability to do those things seem to come and go with some frequency.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom