This deserves scorn

Gopher07

Captain of Awesome
Reaction score
This is not momentum, or brick by brick. This is losing to a legitimately awful football team.

Heartbroken, but should've expected it. The naysayers are always right. **** me.

This is not momentum, or brick by brick. This is losing to a legitimately awful football team.

Heartbroken, but should've expected it. The naysayers are always right. **** me.

It's one conference road loss. Gophers outgained them by 150 yds. Step back from the ledge.

It's one conference road loss. Gophers outgained them by 150 yds. Step back from the ledge.

Illinois is atrocious. Awful. Their coach is now 2-18 in conference play.

If we are expected to compete for a top-4 finish in this league, it is not a game we lose. Ever. The team and coaches deserve criticism for the way the players came out today.

Illinois is atrocious. Awful. Their coach is now 2-18 in conference play. If we are expected to compete for a top-4 finish in this league, it is not a game we lose. Ever. The team and coaches deserve criticism for the way the players came out today.

No way did anyone really think we were a top 4 team in the big ten

This is a bad loss. There's no coloring it. Illinois is the worst team in the B1G and will not win another game this year.

Northwester beat wisconsin and the badgers seem to have bounced back. It was a bad game, but I hope the team does not let this loss define the season. Fall off horse... get up... dust self off... get back on horse.

That's life.

It's now a distinct possibility we will lose our last 5 games and end up 6-6. Brutal.

7-5 would be a miracle at this point. This was the northwestern of 2009... collapse point.

the more things change, the more they stay the same. #sameoldgophers

I think too many pumped us up into something we weren't.

Agreed. I lurk daily around here and it's surprising how a decent number of posters acted like the Gophers weren't getting the respect they deserved. They lost to a terrible football team. It will be their only conference win of the season.

It increasingly feels like the ceiling with Kill is the same as it was with Mason. That's not awful, but it's not what we endured the Brewster era for.

Same old Gophers.

Hardly. Embarrassing for sure. Could see this coming but this is not the same old Gophers. Young players make mistakes and we saw that today. We are not in a position to make mistakes and win like great teams can do against the likes of Illinois. Mitch had a poor day passing and I think our boys may have come in taking this one for granted. A lot of season ahead of us and we will win more games in the end than last year.

Northwester beat wisconsin and the badgers seem to have bounced back. It was a bad game, but I hope the team does not let this loss define the season. Fall off horse... get up... dust self off... get back on horse.

That's life.

Northwestern is a MUCH better team than Illinois.

7-5 would be a miracle at this point. This was the northwestern of 2009... collapse point.

Miracle's a little strong. They have at least a 40% shot at beating Iowa. If they lose that, they won't win another game though. 7-5 is best-case scenario now.

Certainly a disappointing loss but the next two are at home.

As Coach says for losses "reflect the moment" and then move on.

The next goal is to take The Pig.

It will be a long couple of weeks. Can't wait.

Go Gophers!

Certainly a disappointing loss but the next two are at home.

As Coach says for losses "reflect the moment" and then move on.

The next goal is to take The Pig.

It will be a long couple of weeks. Can't wait.

Go Gophers!

I'll watch, but preparing myself for another Iowa blowout. Granted I plan to get really lit before the game starts.

Agreed. It's not like these guys competed with anyone else they've faced in the big 10. And Beckman is a terrible coach. Yet, we got out played, and out coached by a terrible team, and a terrible coach. No excuses on this loss.

I'll watch, but preparing myself for another Iowa blowout. Granted I plan to get really lit before the game starts.

I was super excited after we beat Syracuse and started out 4-0 before going to Iowa. I then did it again last year. I won't let myself get excited like that again.

The Lynx need to host a "Heart of the Game" seminar where every Minnesota sports team had to attend and they just watch Royals playoff footage for 3 straight days.

I'd be surprised if we don't play much better against Iowa. We didn't have much energy on the line of scrimmage today; either side. As I see it, we simply overlooked Illinois, which is something I was afraid might happen. That's not likely to happen next game.

Top Bottom