ESPN: Ryan Santoso flips the script for Gophers

Gopher07

Captain of Awesome
Reaction score
http://espn.go.com/blog/bigten/post/_/id/109701/ryan-santoso-flips-the-script-for-gophers

Shanking an extra point off an upright and getting stuffed on a two-point conversion attempt is an easy way to turn a kicker into a goat.

It actually turned out to be an ingenious move to set the stage for kicker Ryan Santoso to become a hero.

Maybe the Minnesota redshirt freshman would have preferred a simpler script. The team almost surely would have been better off avoiding the late-game drama they were facing last weekend against Purdue.

After shaking off the miss that helped create the 2-point deficit in the fourth quarter, Santoso replaced all the bad memories with what could be a pivotal moment in a season that is shaping up to be special for the Gophers.

"Oh yeah, I had a lot of ups and downs,” Santoso joked to ESPN.com. “A lot of learning opportunities. But you just have to come back and take it one kick at a time, hit the restart button, reset your mindset. I knew that I would have to kick again.

“You know, everything happens for a reason, and everything played out well, I guess.”

Top Bottom