Would you rather?

Win the west, for sure. Even if we're double-digit dogs, it still puts us one game away from a B1G championship, which we haven't won in almost 50 years. Weird things can happen in those games; look at Wisconsin boat-racing a favored Nebraska a couple years ago.

There are 7 teams in the division, so to win the division, it means you're better than 6 teams. The 1908 Gophers won the Big Ten when there were 8 members, so they were only better than 7 teams. Does that one extra team really make all that much difference

Sent from my LG-L38C using Tapatalk 2

I'll go with B1G West Division Title. Not so much for the division title itself, but more so the national exposure and chance to win a B1G Conference Title in Indy, even if winning the Conf Champ Game would be a stretch.

All about beating the Badgers for me.

2011 game I was sitting in second level behind the student section with a fair amount of Badgers fans mixed in with us. The smugness and arrogance of some of these fans was unbearable, they even has the nerve to make snide comments about our cheerleaders who work hard volunteering their time for cripes sake. My wife had to nudge me because she could see my blood start to boil and said don't start anything.

For that reason it's the Axe 100% until we win it back.

Either of the scenarios would be a step in the right direction. But getting "Cornhuskered" in the title game a week after losing to the Badgers would not help recruiting.
I'd be afraid of a "deer in the headlights" scene in Indianapolis.

But we would be the all-time leader in West Division titles with 1!

Winning the west will do more than just beating the drunkards to the east... So ilk take that every time

I'm all about rivalry wins, but you can't miss out on a division title and championship game appearance. Especially since as part of the options wasn't about whether we'd win that championship game or not. For the CHANCE to win it, I'm all over that, forget Wisconsin.

Big Ten Championship would do way more for recruiting IMO.

Beat Wisconsin - particularly after hearing the quote from smugass Borland saying he can't even imagine the Gophers ever winning the axe.

What's a Borland?

alb.jpg

I have visions of this picture, but in color:
1961gophers.jpg

If we get to the CCG, then we deserve to be there, & we have a great chance to win it.
BIG TEN Champs!!!

Win the West for sure.

Top Bottom