BTN: Here's how the Big Ten's expansion will impact basketball

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per BTN:

Welcome to the new Big Ten, which for the first time will kick off a basketball season as a 14-team league. Changes already have been made, as the conference schedule will have schools playing five teams twice and eight teams just once.

“I think with where we are right now and adding obviously Rutgers and Maryland as members 13 and 14, yeah, I think it makes sense how they did (the Big Ten schedule),” said Illinois coach John Groce. “Obviously in a perfect world, I think everyone would love a round-robin where you play everybody home and away, but at this juncture, I think it’s wise. I’ve got no problem with the schedule and the way that it’s done in the climate of college basketball right now for us to play 18 games. Most of them are wars, night in and night out, and the way that they put it together makes total sense to me.”

http://btn.com/2014/10/23/heres-how-the-big-tens-expansion-will-impact-basketball/

Go Gophers!!

Adding Rutgers and Maryland sucks. It was bad enough already with the one game season series' as it was. Now we have 2 more. So we can play Rutgers and Maryland. Sweet.

LOL, Turgeon doesn't sound too thrilled to be joining the Big Ten. He's going to be even less happy when he gets his butt kicked on a regular basis. That is a very thin, inexperienced team.

>>"“It is what it is,” said Turgeon." ... "I didn’t anticipate this one, but here we are, so I’m used to it."

“It is what it is,” said Turgeon." ... "I didn’t anticipate this one, but here we are, so I’m used to it."

Didn't anticipate this one, Mark? Maryland accepted the invitation into the conference in November 2012, so you had 2 years to figure it out, genius.

Top Bottom