Week 9 other games thread

supadupafly

Reaction score
A Thursday night special on ESPNU. Go UConn! Currently 21-21 with 3 left in the 3rd against ECU. Would like to see UConn knock off East Carolina. UConn is 1-5 and won't be going bowling regardless. i.e. Getting ECU out of their current #18 ranking/spot they are sitting in, especially considering they play in the weaker AAC, only helps those Power 5 schools sitting right behind them in the polls at the moment.

24-rip Miami over VA Tech. tOSU would like that one back.

24-rip Miami over VA Tech. tOSU would like that one back.

Yeah, I feel terrible for tO$U. :p

Seriously though, I do get what you are saying. Seeing how Va Tech's season has played out since that game, I am also certain that ohio is constantly kicking themselves for getting beat the way they did in that game.

Final: Miami 30, Virginia Tech 6. And Ohio State grits their teeth a little more thinking about how in the world did they lose to those guys. :p

Hope like heck that Maryland can come out competitive tomorrow in Camp Randall but I have my doubts - their defense likely will not be able to slow down Gordon and the run game. Best chance for a win is to have some kind of turnover implosion from the QBs again.

The big ten schedule is set up terribly this week. Michigan vs MSU and Ohio St vs Penn St are both going to be massacres. I get that they are the big names, but the 3 best games of the week for Gopher fans are all played at the same time at 11 am.

Just getting this back up towards the top for those looking for it today. Cheers and Go Gophers!

Watched most of the Oregon/Cal game last night, and I'm not sure which is worse; PAC 12 defenses or FSN1 coverage. Good lord, it was still on that channel this morning, and their "Countdown to Kickoff" is horrible. They spent some time talking about their "Under the radar" teams, and decided to discuss K State and ASU, otherwise known as the 11th and 14th ranked teams in the AP poll. Wow...they went deep under the radar there.

Hope like heck that Maryland can come out competitive tomorrow in Camp Randall but I have my doubts - their defense likely will not be able to slow down Gordon and the run game. Best chance for a win is to have some kind of turnover implosion from the QBs again.

I also don't like the Terps' chances, but I don't hate them either. I think if Maryland plays well, and Wisconsin's quarterbacks continue to play like Wisconsin's quarterbacks, then they have a good chance.

The other game that could really help us (Nebraska and Rutgers), I don't have much hope for. Regardless, we are still up a game on both opponents and firmly in control of our own destiny, so we don't have to watch the schedule if we take care of business.

Go new kids!!! (Rutgers & Maryland) They can give us some nice B1G West cushion.

I can't wait for the crowd of 100,000 reaction at Neyland Stadium when Lane Kiffin takes to the sidelines for Alabama. The invectives from behind the bench should have their own boom microphone.

And also at Spartan Stadium, there will be no mercy rule in place. No foot off the gas. No running out the clock. This is a rivalry that goes way back, and Sparty has had his boot on the throat of that Southern School recently. This might I say might been the slugfest of the season.

The other teams in the west are taking care of business so far.

I don't know who calls the offensive plays for Rutgers but he is very lucky they just got a first down on 3rd down. They have the ball at their own 2 yard line with a minutes left in the half, NE has just one TO left and they throw two incomplete passes. Bizzare that they don't just run two QB sneaks and get into the half. Instead they almost give NE the ball back with great field position.

And now their QB may have blown out his knee.

I can't believe what's happening to Pitt right now

TCU has scored 61 points half way through the 3rd quarter against Texas Tech. They've scored 24 points in a 4 minute stretch in the 3rd quarter.

Kentucky down just 7 to Mississippi St. If they find a win, are they ranked in the top 10 next week? :rolleyes:

Some nice trolling by Michigan St. fans at today's game:

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

My goodness. TCU is making Texas Tech look like Savannah State.

Why does Kentucky kick on onside there? Two timeouts and 2 1/2 minutes left. Kick it deep.

Instead Mississippi St. returns the onside for a TD. It was a terrible kick.

B009XrUIQAAt7vr.jpg

Attachments

• B009XrUIQAAt7vr.jpg
    B009XrUIQAAt7vr.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 12

My goodness. TCU is making Texas Tech look like Savannah State.

Kingsbury almost looks like he's more worried about looking cool on the sideline than coaching.

TCU just scored again, now 82-27. Offense has 785 yards, four different QBs have completed passes and 13 different players have caught a pass.

Kingsbury almost looks like he's more worried about looking cool on the sideline than coaching.

TCU just scored again, now 82-27. Offense has 785 yards, four different QBs have completed passes and 13 different players have caught a pass.

As painful as it is to have the score run up on you. It's really fun to watch someone else run up the score.

Anyone watching OSU-PSU? How the hell did that INT not get overturned?! PSU got screwed. I've never seen anything so egregious in the replay era.

Anyone watching OSU-PSU? How the hell did that INT not get overturned?! PSU got screwed. I've never seen anything so egregious in the replay era.

Wait, that wasn't overturned? I turned the channel to watch another game and just assumed it was going to be ruled incomplete.

Wait, that wasn't overturned? I turned the channel to watch another game and just assumed it was going to be ruled incomplete.
Unbelievably, no, it stood...and OSU just turned it into a TD. Crazy.

Top Bottom