New Gopher Podcast w/ Ron Johnson II, Bryan Cupito, & Glen Mason

RonJohnsonII

Reaction score
Hi Gopher Fans,

This is Ron Johnson, former Gopher WR. I'm a big fan of Gopher Hole. Keep up the good work on the message boards. The reason for this post is that I wanted to get some feedback from you guys on my new podcast that I co-host with Bryan Cupito.

Here's the first episode: http://www.huddlepassnation.com/#!minnesota-huddle/ckuv

In this episode, I invited my HC Glen Mason, former Gopher QB Bryan Cupito, and former Illini RB Carey Davis onto the show to talk about the season so far, the win over Purdue, some stories from back in the day, and to preview the Illinois game.

It's a little long and will be shorter in subsequent episodes, but I hope you enjoy it! Any feedback you leave would be much appreciated. Let us know what you like, what you don't like, what you'd like us to talk about, or anything else that can help the podcast get better.

Here's the link again: http://www.huddlepassnation.com/#!minnesota-huddle/ckuv

Thanks,
RJII

Cool, but could you provide a link please?

I kid.

Quick thought - the background music during the interview is a little distracting. Listening now.

Good interviews. i really enjoyed it. Thanks for posting. You are one of my all time fav Gophs!!

Love #3!!!! Moxie and had the ability to back it up.

Solid interviews as well. Nicely done!

I like when former players/coaches interview other players/coaches. It's an entirely different perspective and its one of the reasons why I wish KFAN and 1500 would hire a local former athlete in their lineup (I like Leber and wish he was on full time; Morris doesn't take his craft as serious as he should).

Ron, I think your big game against Ohio State is one of the most underrated big time performances in recent Gopher history. MB3, Maroney, etc. get brought up most often for their gaudy numbers, but that performance against OSU was incredible. I believe it was Nate Clements who was trying to guard you and you torched him. I remember the day after the game, the Columbus paper said that they needed his dental records because you "burned him so badly."

Anyway, fun interviews - I hope you post them here more often.

Go Gophers!!

Great work. As you already noted in your OP, just trimming up the total length a bit would be beneficial for the max number of people who will be willing to listen. This interview style format is the type that I personally like. Appreciate the personal insights and stories along with a mix of game strategy, game stats, etc. discussion.

Excellent. I like the conversational interview, few do it. Good luck and keep in touch.

Good stuff, Ron. Your time in college parallels mine (98-01) and it was a pleasure watching you play.

In addition to the Ohio State game, I recall a touchdown you caught in the Iowa game in 2000 where the officials initially said you were out of bounds. Most of us in the student section had plastic mini megaphones or some giveaway item like that which ended up on the field in protest, and the refs went back and changed the call to a TD, something that never occurred in the pre-replay days. Given what happened the following year against Purdue, probably was a sign we should've changed the end zone design.

Hope you keep the podcast going - please post a link when the next one becomes available.

Rather enjoyed it! Keep them coming! Really liked hearing the opponent perspective, but still within the Gopher Football framework.

Top Bottom