STrib: Gophers safety Travis becomes big-play guy like his idol

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per the STrib:

The junior safety has 23 tackles, two interceptions, five pass breakups, one forced fumble and 2½ tackles for a loss.

Travis made one of the biggest plays in last week’s 39-38 victory against Purdue, when he stopped Purdue quarterback Austin Appleby short of a first down on fourth-and-1 midway through the fourth quarter.

“I feel like I’m having a pretty good season,” Travis said. “I need to get better on my technique and just get better all the way around. I’m not satisfied yet because we want to win that Big Ten championship — that’s our overall goal.”

http://www.startribune.com/sports/gophers/280132652.html

Go Gophers!!

One of the more underrated players on our defense in my opinion. Travis has made some really nice plays this year and is reliable in run support and in coverage.

The burst of speed he had on that QB stop was amazing. He covered about 7 yards to the QB's 1 when he started to turn up field. The hit was perfect to knock the ball out and he kept driving the QB back to ensure he didn't get the first. I rewound that play a couple of times and it was a thing of beauty.

The burst of speed he had on that QB stop was amazing. He covered about 7 yards to the QB's 1 when he started to turn up field. The hit was perfect to knock the ball out and he kept driving the QB back to ensure he didn't get the first. I rewound that play a couple of times and it was a thing of beauty.

Is it time to add Travis to the NFL prospect list?

per the STrib:

The junior safety has 23 tackles, two interceptions, five pass breakups, one forced fumble and 2½ tackles for a loss.

Travis made one of the biggest plays in last week’s 39-38 victory against Purdue, when he stopped Purdue quarterback Austin Appleby short of a first down on fourth-and-1 midway through the fourth quarter.

“I feel like I’m having a pretty good season,” Travis said. “I need to get better on my technique and just get better all the way around. I’m not satisfied yet because we want to win that Big Ten championship — that’s our overall goal.”

http://www.startribune.com/sports/gophers/280132652.html

Go Gophers!!

This play gets overlooked when you think back on the game w/ the Santoso FG and the pick to seal it. Was an incredible play.

Top Bottom