Georgia applies to have Gurley reinstated

SelectionSunday

Reaction score
Let me get this straight. Am I missing something here? Gurley is admitting he did this (impression I got from the article), but now Georgia still wants him reinstated? We can argue whether the rules for college athletes getting paid for their autograph is silly, but the bottom line is this is a flagrant violation of NCAA rules. Unlike Johnny Football last year, I'm hearing acknowledgement of guilt from Gurley? So because he apologizes the NCAA is supposed to forget about it?

http://espn.go.com/college-football...georgia-bulldogs-apply-todd-gurley-reinstated

He'll get reinstated, the inmates are running the asylum.

He'll get reinstated, the inmates are running the asylum.

If he's reinstated, OK.

Then if I'm David Cobb, J.T. Barrett, Connor Cook, Ameer Abdullah, or Melvin Gordon, I immediately announce I'm having an autograph session. After the session is over, I admit I did it, apologize, and then I expect to return to my team.

I think you're right, the NCAA will probably back down because they're under so much fire right now, but if Gurley gets reinstated the NCAA might as well change the rule right on the spot. Why wait?

He missed a couple games they will say that is enough of a penalty and reinstate him for Georgia's next game.

Ask Jeff Jones how long it should take. He is still waiting.

What's to T Boone Pickens from paying players $100K for a hours worth of signing for every starter on Okie State?

There is a reason you can't get paid and it is very much booster/program related.

Ask Jeff Jones how long it should take. He is still waiting.

Straw man. Completely different situation and I doubt Jones would be seeing the field this year anyway. Not with Cobb running the way he is. You still have a potential 4 years of Jones, so nothing to worry about there.

Straw man. Completely different situation and I doubt Jones would be seeing the field this year anyway. Not with Cobb running the way he is. You still have a potential 4 years of Jones, so nothing to worry about there.

Plus I'm sure he's not waiting on anything considering he'll be eligible in 2 months.

He'll probably be able to be on the sideline for our bowl game if it's after New Years.

Allow him to continue practicing with the team but he should remain suspended from all competitions.

Annnnddd re-instated effective 11/15. Just in time for Auburn.

Clown show.

A little surprised the NCAA wants Gurley to miss 2 more games I thought they would let him play this weekend. I thought I saw Georgia has appealed the 2 more game decision as well though.

Top Bottom