Updated B1G Projections, courtesy of Bill Connelly and FBSH

My eyes saw the LSU collapse and the Northwestern game and were not at all impressed.

My eyes saw them play toe to toe with their big non con game. My eyes also saw us squeek by Purdue on a 52 yard field goal at home and get absolutely pistol-whipped by our tough non-con opponent. I'm sure that both teams have things about this season that they know could be better is my point.

I tell you what, if they fold up shop and die this week at home while we throttle IL and defeat Iowa I'll consider joining you guys at the Bucky funeral party. But it feels a lot premature right now.

And to the topic at hand, I anxiously wait for BIll C's updates every week but it would be silly to put your head in the sand. His model favors something we do more than most models, and to a considerable degree. Again, I hope he is on to something, but I'l just wait to celebrate victories until after they are won.

Have your eyes missed the last 10 years?

The last 10 years would concern me if we were playing against Russell Wilson and Montee Ball. However, its my understanding that this year's matchup should feature only the 2014 Gopher roster and 2014 Badger roster.

The last 10 years would concern me if we were playing against Russell Wilson and Montee Ball. However, its my understanding that this year's matchup should feature only the 2014 Gopher roster and 2014 Badger roster.

I didn't realize the 1 year of russel wilson and 3 years of montee ball made us lose the last 10 times we played them. Melvin Gordon has over 1000 yards already i'm sure and it was scary watching Purdue run all over us for 300 yards. Saying we have a 60% chance of winning at Wisconsin would mean if Vegas came out with a line today we would be favored? No way. Now if Wisconsin continues to lose games and we continue to win including beating iowa and nebraska then maybe... MAYBE we will be favored to win and I will believe we have a better than 50% chance of winning.

Have your eyes missed the last 10 years?

My eyes haven't missed the last 10 years and have spent a good amount of time watching this years Badgers. This is Wisconsin's worst team in the last 10 years.

I didn't realize the 1 year of russel wilson and 3 years of montee ball made us lose the last 10 times we played them. Melvin Gordon has over 1000 yards already i'm sure and it was scary watching Purdue run all over us for 300 yards. Saying we have a 60% chance of winning at Wisconsin would mean if Vegas came out with a line today we would be favored? No way. Now if Wisconsin continues to lose games and we continue to win including beating iowa and nebraska then maybe... MAYBE we will be favored to win and I will believe we have a better than 50% chance of winning.

Their current roster also didn't make us lose 10 straight years. I am not saying I would take the 60% vote. I just don't think the last 10 years have much bearing, the relevant comparison is whether this year's Gopher team is a better team than this year's Badger team (when accounting for the home field advantage Wisconsin will enjoy). This model says yes. It seems to be an outlier, and other (more-respected) models say no. Either way, the reason we win or lose (or should win or should lose) this game has to do with the teams we have fielded this year, not what happened with other personnel in other years.

Top Bottom