Damien Wilson moves up to #2 on ESPN's Award Tracker for D-POY

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per ESPN:

Graham-George Offensive Player of the Year

Also receiving votes: Minnesota RB David Cobb

Nagurski-Woodson Defensive Player of the Year

2. Minnesota LB Damien Wilson: He leads the league in tackles, with 76. That ranks 15th in the FBS.

Kwalick–Clark Tight End of the Year

1. Maxx Williams, Minnesota (six first-place votes): In an offense that doesn't pass much, Williams has become the go-to target. He has 15 catches for 247 yards and four touchdowns and has made some spectacular plays.

http://espn.go.com/blog/bigten/post/_/id/109555/big-ten-awards-race-tracker-week-8-2

Go Gophers!!

Wonder how much higher Cobb would be if you give him a couple of Leidner and Streveler's TDs..

This is really cool about Damien. Bring the Nagurski award back!

Despite the huge disappointment of losing yesterday, to take a positive from the game, I thought Damien Wilson was tremendous.

I heard Damien won't let Limegrover "open up" the offense.

Despite the huge disappointment of losing yesterday, to take a positive from the game, I thought Damien Wilson was tremendous.

He's good. It's not that big of a deal right now and a bit off the subject, but I wonder if he gets an invite to the NFL combine and how scouts are feeling about him. He certainly has looked good this year. He looks quicker. Part of that is familiarity with the system and I think he lost a few pounds as well I'm trying to think about who would was the last LB (ILB or OLB) that was this impressive. It's been awhile.

Top Bottom