Brainstorm - who would you like see "Do the Gopher"

Funny that someone thinks it should be done away with. The Gopher is good enough to be in the Top 10 between quarters fun things to do. It's branded, fun, not too long, easy to do and it brings others outside the university into the experience.

Let me guess: you want the band to march down University Avenue between quarters. Sheesh....

I think a politician running for statewide office could get a lot a student votes if they did the Gopher. I could see Franken and Dayton doing it, not sure about McFadden or Johnson.

(Unfortunately, the next home game is after the election - so it's a moot point)

Please no politicians, from either side. Stay away. Keep it to celebs/alums/sports-related folks

Jimmy Fallon and The Roots (the Tonight Show band). No Minnesota connection that I know of, but he seems to have the kind of personality that would really embrace something as "quirky" as doing the gopher.

Little Dick Pitino, Lucia, and Kill, side by side.

Typing Pitino made me think, any chance we could get the elder Pitino to do it with his son?

You could definitely could get Pitino's idiot brother to do it

Andrew Wiggins and/or Ricky Rubio
Erik Haula
Cast of the Mighty Ducks

Random, but would be my #1 choice: Tom Hanks

Tony Dungy
Eric Decker & Jessie James
Flip Saunders
Prince
Brock Lesnar
Lindsey Vonn, with special guest appearance from Tiger Woods

I'm not kidding, when I saw the Iggy video I first thought about Eric Decker doing the 'do the gopher' with Jessie James
doing the 'throw M down' hand gesture.

But these are ALL great selections, love them

Flair, he and his family are reportedly big Vikings fans even though live in Charlott

Ric Flair

Didn't Richard Morgan Fleihr also know as Ric Flair grow up in Edina Minnesota, and before he trained with Gagne for professional wrestling, wasn't he an amateur wrestler and played one season at offensive guard for the Gophers in the
1970's. You would likely have to pay or get the Vikings to help pay for the do the Gopher thing because it sounds like Flair blew all of his money. Maybe he loosely still follows the Gophers and would agree to do the gopher.

Brock Lesnar, as an Alumn I could see him agreeing to do it but again I think he would want to be paid.
Maybe an invite to attend the game for free on the sidelines and or club or suite level would get him to agree to do it as he does still live in Minnesota I believe. Maybe when he is not out hunting something they could get him down for the Iowa game to do it, that would be pretty cool.

Jessica Biel and Justin Timberlake. I bet Justin would really get into it given how funny he is when he does SNL.

The 34th Infantry Division (Minnesota Red Bulls), not sure which game Veterans will be honored since Veteran's Day falls between the Iowa and Ohio State games.

If part of the division is deployed would be fun to get a video of them in Afghanistan.

Against Iowa - Marqueis Gray, due to his performance in 2011
Against tOSU - Floyd

Steve Stifler (Seann William Scott)

Dustin Powers (John Hawkes) with a Kenny Powers cameo with him

Nick Swardson and

Jessica Biel

Should do a hash tag / social media blitz immediately after "Do the Gopher" which would ask Students - "Which celebrity do you want to see Do The Gopher?" #DoTheGopher to @___________

Top Bottom